Anyone local who can show me your bay?

Idrees

Reaction score
Website
www.id-workz.co.uk
Hi

I live in Huddersfield (West Yorkshire) and would be greatful if someone was willing to meet up to show me their S3s engine bay?

I have a Baileys BOV on my 2003 model however I want to remove it and go for the stock recirc set up. I would like to have a look over a stock engine bay so I can check what I need and what goes where.

If anyone is willing to help that would be great, I'd travel to you too (within reasonable distance)!

Cheers

Is your N249 vlave bypassed? If yes are you planning to refit all of that gubbins as well?

Where are we talking? Just so people can gauge the distance ?

Haha, sorry, its been a long day

I'm local but I have badger5 tip and forge 007p fitted so not sure if this is going to help, I also have the original recirc valve.

I'm in Sheffield on the weekend if you fancy a trip down? I've got a stock DV with a forge TIP.

Hi

I live in Huddersfield (West Yorkshire) and would be greatful if someone was willing to meet up to show me their S3s engine bay?

I have a Baileys BOV on my 2003 model however I want to remove it and go for the stock recirc set up. I would like to have a look over a stock engine bay so I can check what I need and what goes where.

If anyone is willing to help that would be great, I'd travel to you too (within reasonable distance)!

Cheers

Take a pic of your bay and people should be able to tell you what you need.

I'm in Sheffield on the weekend if you fancy a trip down? I've got a stock DV with a forge TIP.
Im from sheffield too well, most of the time anyway,

Here we go, if this doesn't show enough I can take some more.

db7b72fb.jpg

020d0bf4.jpg

56bd70ec.jpg

1d2775c8.jpg

29dfbd70.jpg

Cheers!

has the previous owner plugged off the line that exits the N249 valve and bypassed it? i.e. does the blue line from the top of your BOV go straight to the inlet manifold?

Any more help please? Just need to know what I need apart from the stock recirc valve and replacement hose.

Hi mate it looks like you just need the pipe that goes from the recirc valve to where that pipe is bloked off on the metal turbo pipe, also rubilee clips ;) and just attach the little pipe to the top of the new one. Hope that helps.

Just had a closer look and it seems youve got a cold side relocation so a longer pipe will be needed, you can get em off fleabay for £15 or so for 1meter.