42 draft designs Velocity stack intake.

Biggied

They called him mellow yellow.
Reaction score
Website
www.audi.co.uk
42 Draft Designs

Just found this Induction kit, anyone have experience or thoughts on it? looks pretty good to me, with the whacking big velocity stack on the MAF combined with the Badger 5 TIP & a nice cold feed I think that would be about as good K04 induction gets. Although there won't be any massive gains from the velocity stack every little helps and the vids/info on the site looks quite good.

Ewan.

imo, no different to having a jetex or k &n filter with a 80mm neck on the maf. the alloy 'velocity stack' just substitutes the base and neck of any standard cone filter.

someone buy one, and do logs and go on the dyno against your average (jetex fr-8001) filter.

edit: i do love the detail and quality of 42DD products though

Last edited:
I have tested a very similar thing on lupo hybrid.. only on 230bhp power level as a gauge..

Lupo has 3" intake on its hybrid k04 so representative to a 225bhp motor.

no power gains to report.
Will test again when I get a free moment at higher power/boost levels

Do any other companys offer this type of setup?

Do any other companys offer this type of setup?

Bill makes one...

CameraZOOM-20120309180051078.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120309180025464.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120309175931355.jpg

Although this particular one is to allow an RS4 MAF to be used in BT conversions...

<tuffty/>

Very nice tufty, does he do one for the s3/80mm maf?

The 1st one I did was for 80mm fitment, and I altered the dwgs to accomodate RS4 MAF's and 6" filters for BT conversions.
Billet piece is £99+vat, Filter £55+vat

Not yet...

<tuffty/>

The 1st one I did was for 80mm fitment, and I altered the dwgs to accomodate RS4 MAF's and 6" filters for BT conversions.
Billet piece is £99+vat, Filter £55+vat

Ah ******... forgot you did that one... :D

In which case... as above... yes, he does lol...

<tuffty/>

Nice on bill.

So would you guys think theyd be any gain from swapping my jetex filter over to one of these? Also i want a red filter as the blie just stands out like a sore **** in my bay.

in flow test terms, the radius stack on lupo's 3" intake did nothing for power....

Its nice, but it did'nt do anything stand alone the other filters I tested did on their own.

nowt in it