Finished playing with my interior for now LOL

Markb

Reaction score
Following on from this thread Todays interior mod and this thread Started painting my door switch surrounds. What do you think?

Here is my finished speedo with chrome surrounds and new RS badge.

speedosurroundfinished.jpg

Here are some pics of the finished painted door switch surrounds.

doorswitchsurroundsfinishedpassenger01.jpg

doorswitchsurroundsfinishedpassenger02.jpg

doorswitchsurroundsfinisheddriver01.jpg

I am happy with the finished products and the door switch surrounds cost me a lot less to spray then the £300 Audi quoted for them.

I am in the progress of doing some other things, but I haven't got the time at the minute.

What do you think?

Looks sweet mate. Nice job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very Nice mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way u reset your MPG clock to 0.0, u hiding the thrashnig you have been giving the car? :p

[/ QUOTE ]

No I honestly hadn't been thrashing it LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

<font color="orange"> Looks very clean and tidy, dash looks great. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Love the rings around the dials, absolutely awesome man. How easy was it to fit the rings, and are they in place well? (i.e. don't move around?)

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't tell you where they are from LOL!

You won't go far wrong checking out the TT instruments tho. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

usa_2005_AUDI_TT_cpe_2_x_indrvrdash_x.jpg

You can get the rings of ebay germany for the a4 so most likely also for the a3 theres also a site called tachorings.de or summat similar as NMB a member on here got his a4 ones from there IIRC. As Mark says- be careful with the glue, Ive seen others attemp it less carefully and not good!.

[ QUOTE ]

Who says I won't? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Good guess there HTC, but not correct.

I would post the link to where I got them, but the guy can't get any more for some reason. So I can't really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just that a few people asked but you didn't respond.

I thought it must be for exclusivity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might do my usual raid on a breakers yard to see what I can find.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it must be for exclusivity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As Mark says- be careful with the glue, Ive seen others attemp it less carefully and not good!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah be very carefull as the damn stuff dries white, but takes a while to dry so you may not notice it to start with.

I got one finger print on mine and I've had the dials out twice since to solve it, but I am happy now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

VW Bora's came with chrome surrrounds and the mk GTI anniversary. Awesome GTI sold the chrome surrounds for mkIV's so worth a look as they look a similar size.

nice work buddy.

i want some of those dial surrounds!

i sprayed my door inserts aswell, as i posted in your other thread but i'm gonna redo them soon coz of the paint reacting badly - u've inspired me to get on with it!