Little bit weird question 0-100km

edwin98

Reaction score
Tommorow i'm gone take my s3 home witch is chipped en they say its got 250 hp.

I alrady made a testdrive with it and find it a fast, and super car but not as quick as they say i think.

What is +/- the 0-100 km time for this car?
and 0-160 km
and 0-200 km

a bit stupid, but i like to test it and compare it with other s3 car's.

If you make full use of the S3 you can get 5.8 0-100, 14 0-160 and 25 0-200 if you are chipped.

Depends on what chip if you want more accurate figures.

If you make full use of the S3 you can get 5.8 0-100, 14 0-160 and 25 0-200 if you are chipped.

Depends on what chip if you want more accurate figures.

Is this possible on just a remap alone.

Don't forget those speeds are km. So 5.8 to 62mph after a remap is probably doable if you can get through the gears quick enough. 100mph in 14 seconds, maybe possible.

Yeh ill vouch for that. Did it in under 6 seconds in my old s3 with just a map using a gps timer!!!

Sorry but a remapped S3 is not a sub 6 second 0-60 car - it'll get close tho

Sorry but a remapped S3 is not a sub 6 second 0-60 car - it'll get close tho

I managed 0-60 in 5.8 in my remapped car running 19s at GTI inters a few years back, so it's possible in my opinion, but I'm optimistic about hitting 100mph in 14secs though, standard is 16.4 according to Autocar roadtests, and apparently, that presscar was running 240bhp.

I managed 0-60 in 5.8 in my remapped car running 19s at GTI inters a few years back, so it's possible in my opinion, but I'm optimistic about hitting 100mph in 14secs though, standard is 16.4 according to Autocar roadtests, and apparently, that presscar was running 240bhp.

The timing gear they use at inters is crap IMO, i took my golf VR6 up there (Standard) and got a 0-60 in 6.2 & 1/4 mile in 15.1... it was not that quick, at santa pod i could only manage 16.2 1/4 mile and my reaction time was in the low .300s

Is it all down to gearing then!! Id presume that a mapped s3 (pretty much same power and similar torque) as a standard s4 (but lighter) can do 0-60 in the same time which is 5.4+??? I no its not realistic as theres plenty of other things that come into play!!!

The timing gear they use at inters is crap IMO, i took my golf VR6 up there (Standard) and got a 0-60 in 6.2 & 1/4 mile in 15.1... it was not that quick, at santa pod i could only manage 16.2 1/4 mile and my reaction time was in the low .300s

Reaction time has no bearing on your 1/4 mile times at any strip. It's just a reaction time of when you break the beam when the lights go to green, then the timing starts for your run. :thumbsup:

Get an Auto, and you don't need to worry about such things..you know your going to get spanked so just enjoy the ride...lol...Interesting discussion though!:applaus:

5 years ago since this post was last discussed. Nothing quite like bringing a thread back from the dead