Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

small annoying noise coming from center front air outlets?!

just noticed y'day that instead of the normal air rushing noise coming out i've got a annoying wherring sound when the front air outlets are on....its not a huge noise, its just annoying the hell out of me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

any idea how i can find out what the hell it is?! without resorting to use a bat to beat the noise out of the dash!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: small annoying noise coming from center front air outlets?!

Is it a kind of squeeky whine, like something rotating. You can hear it slow down when you switch off the climate control. If so I took it into the dealers and they said, it could be one of the fans inside or a loose seal on it somewhere. 'Basically we can remove the whole fan unit and have a look behind but you will have to pay for a new unit, as they tend to snap easily when taking off.'

So I left it, it comes and goes just wear and tear of the car. A guy I know whos got an A4 has the same issue

Neutral

Status

Re: small annoying noise coming from center front air outlets?!

hmm i'll give the blasting the front air holes on full wack ago.....the car is still under warranty so i could take it in, althou i fear if i take it in and they take the whole lot apart....somethin else will go wrong [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

bit like the sayin "if it ain't really that broke, do i want to make it worse by letting a stealer near it!"