A3 AGU Revo stage one 3inch decat down pipe

a3 1.8t

Reaction score
Website
www.jalnablast.co.uk
Hi there i have bought and fitted a 3inch decat down pipe for my car and fitted it tonight qutie a easy job all in all, but it seems to run and smell hotter is this normal? Also before the car use to put me back in my seat a bit when accelerating but now it doesnt seem to as much although the turbo does appear to spool up quicker and pull from earlyer on in the rev range? Just been curious if this sounds normal?

Regards Tom

You'll want to get it mapped in, its probably ****ting the bed over it's sensors reading "wrong".

Downpipe and de-cat is really a stage 2 mod. What other modifications do you have?

Have you got vag-com? Try resetting the fault codes so it re-learns and then take it out for a proper beasting right away.

i would also be interested in seeing if this is the case, as i was just about to buy one and fit it next weekend, but i dont want to ruin my R-tech map!!!!

3'' DP#s on a ko3 tend to smooth out the delivery a fair bit, more at the top end but less of a punch at the bottom end, you see, teh ko3 turbo can't really make full use of the larger DP, unlike a ko3S, which requires it to reach it's max potential.

Un plugg battery, leave for 15 mins, then plug back up. This will reset the adaption channels and hopefully the readaption will make it a bit happier, but like said 3" dp is really k03s and stage 2 stuff.

3'' DP#s on a ko3 tend to smooth out the delivery a fair bit, more at the top end but less of a punch at the bottom end, you see, teh ko3 turbo can't really make full use of the larger DP, unlike a ko3S, which requires it to reach it's max potential.

i deleted any fault codes on it this morning and have driven it a bit it definatley spools up quicker and i would say it probabley is as quick if it isnt there isnt much init. Has more power lower down now though and definatley smoothens out the power delivery....

although a downpipe would be good for winter and having the ability to actually pull away without wheelspinning for 400yrds

So if I do decide to get one, will I need to get a different one when I go k03s??? I know I need a different tip, but would the dp fit both k03 and k03s???

So if I do decide to get one, will I need to get a different one when I go k03s??? I know I need a different tip, but would the dp fit both k03 and k03s???

You don't need a different TIP at all, it's a straight swap.

I thought that the outlet is sliteley bigger on a k03s so that a forge tip won't fit both k03 and k03s?????

I thought that the outlet is sliteley bigger on a k03s so that a forge tip won't fit both k03 and k03s?????

You thought wrong then bud, the differences between a Ko3s is the size of the compressor and turbine wheels, the number of blades and the height of the tips. Apart from the baffled inlet on the Ko3s the two are very similar externally.

Here's the details, for future reference -

Ko3 - 97-2000

COMPRESSOR WHEEL
Inducer: 33.6mm
Exducer: 46mm
Tip height: 3.7mm

TURBINE WHEEL
Inducer: 45mm
Exducer: 38mm
Tip height: 6.8mm
Blades: 11

Ko3S - 01+

COMPRESSOR WHEEL
Inducer: 38mm
Exducer: 51mm
Tip height: 4.4mm

TURBINE WHEEL
Inducer: 45mm
Exducer: 38mm
Tip height: 6.8mm
Blades: 8

Cheers fella, just didn't want to wast money having to buy things twice, so know I know I can add the DP to my forge tip knowing I won't need to buy new ones!!! Cheers.