Is it worth selling my 18" RSTT's???

nervus

Reaction score
They came from the factory on the car but now i have some new mtm rep wheels and wonder if its worth selling the originals. If they are only worth a couple of hundred £££ i may as well keep them as im worried any future buyer of the car would prefer them. 3 of them are perfect but one rim has some laquer which has came off leaving that area looking dull c.f. the rest of the wheel. They have Michelin Pilot sports which have little lifr in them. Fronts ~2.5mm and rears are about 3mm (24k miles done) but wear is even and no feathering.

The quality of the mtm reps i got is superb and look like the facory ones quality wise, they weigh more or less the same and think they look rarer.

Sorry for the waffle, but what you guys rekon?

Where abouts in the country are you nervus? I may be interested if your not too far away...

Well, im from Northumberland but i work nearer carlisle about 20 mins away from M6 and i store them at work so its not too far mate.

What you wanna know? Im taking pictures tonight so if you want a specific close up/ angle of the wheel let me know.

I opted for the 18" but they are more common in 19" and are identical to mtm bimoto's apart from the CNC'd mtm logo on one of the spokes and the mtm centre cap.

I dont know what an original mtm weighs but the reps weigh the same as my factory RSTT's. I thought i'd check it out as they are both 18". they are TUV approved and are finished much better than the my mates replica RSTT's which were nasty.

"where did you get the mtm reps?"

second that im thinking of putting these on my S3 later this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here you go guys, i found the shop through this eBay shop, search under this reference number on ebay 07964131052. The photos on there dont do the wheels justice and i expected the worsed but they are much better in the flesh with an OEM audi centre cap.

What do you lot think about my OEM RSTT's is it worth keeping them for when i come to sell/trade the S3 or should i just sell them now and whats a fair price to ask?

if you ever wanted to try a track day or to learn more about handling of car on a private road/track, might be an idea to use the oem's for that. otherwise i am sure there will be plenty of takers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A decent set of 2nd hand oem RSTTs normally goes for £600 upwards.

If I was you, i'd keep the RSTTs and stick them back on when you come to sell. IMO it'll be easier to sell the car with the original factory upgrade wheels than the mtm reps. I'm sure you'll have no probs selling the mtms on here when the time comes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A decent set of 2nd hand oem RSTTs normally goes for £600 upwards.

If I was you, i'd keep the RSTTs and stick them back on when you come to sell. IMO it'll be easier to sell the car with the original factory upgrade wheels than the mtm reps. I'm sure you'll have no probs selling the mtms on here when the time comes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, i was thinking it would be easier to ship on as factory standard.

ah Leigh tyres i`ve looked at them what tyres did you go for ????

Its running standard calipers jojo, but there is a good 30mm clearance if that helps?

If you really want rid of your 18's, then I might take them off your hands mate. I live in Northumberland too.

Send me a private message if you want.
cheers.