Window tinting opinions

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Evening all, i'm thinking about getting the rear windows tinted but not too sure what percentage to go for, not really into limo black. Has anyone else done this and what did you have, also if theres any with it done on a silver car pics would be good.
Cheers, Dave.

Yes would love to do the fronts but dont fancy a tug off the rozzers and them making me rip it off at the roadside. When you say med do you know the % at all, the guy does,
Window tint comes in 5 shades: 5% very dark smoke (limo black) 20% dark smoke 35% medium smoke 50% light smoke 70% very light smoke

I dont know what % mine is but its dark, you can still see through it tho. With me having a dark car tho I can get away with dark tints, a silver car prob wont. I'd go 50%, any tint is going to be an improvement

My mate works for a tinting company and does all my cars. He did my Audi windows in factory tint so it's the same darkness as u get when u request tints on a brand new car. On my wife's car it is staged very dark on the rear window and getting lighter along the sides.

Would be interested in this, how much does it cost. For something like save has got? Dark rears and legal fronts?

Are sure those fronts are legal, I thought that the factory tint was the legal requirement in this country now?
I'm probably wrong ?
I hd mine on for 2 years then got a tug by a jobsworth copper and was made to pull em off the fronts :( ho hum
I wasn't that gutted as I prefer it with them off!
I even stripped them off the rear 1/4 windows

Are sure those fronts are legal, I thought that the factory tint was the legal requirement in this country now?
I'm probably wrong ?
I hd mine on for 2 years then got a tug by a jobsworth copper and was made to pull em off the fronts :( ho hum
I wasn't that gutted as I prefer it with them off!
I even stripped them off the rear 1/4 windows
Thats what i asked for with a receipt, that i keep in the sun visor ......:cool:

Would be interested in this, how much does it cost. For something like save has got? Dark rears and legal fronts?
I've had a price for solar guard film for £70 for the rear 3 windows, not a bad price i didnt think.

Nah thats pretty good tbh. Was expecting more. Have to look into this more at the weekend