Oil leak at rear

Buzzer

Reaction score
Iv got a small oil leak at the rear of the car, could this be the haldex?
Had a new clutch fitted last week , don't know if this could be related. Any opinions welcome to what this could be. It's just behind the exhaust box and a 6" metal plate.

Most likely to be one of the diff seals. There are 4 in total - two for the driveshaft to the wheels, one for the propshaft, and one for the oil-filler bung at the top of the diff. Quick inspection should show you which one it is. If you do decide to replace, I'm stating the obvious but do all 4 at the same time as they are a couple of quid each and the vast majority of the cost to change is labour.

How long would it normally take to change the seals?

It was 6 and a bit years ago I had mine done - seem to recall it was a couple of hundred quid - so 3 hrs?

I'm such a cooking numpty. Turns out the oil can I used to top up my engine with , leaked in the boot, went down throughout the spare wheel, and down a small hole and onto the diff.
For once , I am delighted that I'm a numpty and don have to shell out hundreds

Haha epic! Tbh I'd prefer that too! It's gonna be a ****** to clean though! But I guess it'll be cheaper than the diff seals!

Not too bad cleaning wise either , it was wedges up against the lip of the boot, so only 1-2 inches of the material on the boot liner was affected. And the guy in the work shop cleaned all around the boot and spare wheel. Winner

I love happy endings