Anyone got pics of A8 style wheels on an A3?

I

imported_Wicked666

Just wondering if they'll look good. Would the car need lowering considering its a sports spec model?

Thanks

i rember seeing a pic of a imola s3 with them on a while back, might be worth searching through for wheels as theres been loads of threads about what wheel suit etc..

Sorry for the poor quality... the camera on my old phone was _terrible_...

a3_a8rims.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

Cheers guys, couldn't find any when searching.

Are those a3's lowered at all? are they 18's on the bottom pic?

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the Yellow one, there's a Blue A3 5dr running 19" A8 wheels in Brum, looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
1525a8wheels.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the one i was thinkin of jojo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i think the wheels look good but on the a3/s3 even though they still look good theres something about them that could be improoved on with other wheel choices, if that makes sense

Maybe I should nick the 18 inchers off my dad's A8 2.8 sport when he's not looking. Doubt he'd notice the difference between them and my 17" AVUS' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is it oreferable to lower the car if 18's are installed?

[ QUOTE ]
Is it oreferable to lower the car if 18's are installed?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO... most definitely

the 4x4 look is something i hate

have a search for an old thread of mine, i posted pics of my A3 at various stages;

std suspension / std alloys

std suspension / 18" alloys

lowered suspension / 18" alloys

loving these wheels, i just think they are goin be another wheel that becomes common. seen plenty of mk4 golf with um on but not seen an a3 in the flesh yet

[ QUOTE ]
loving these wheels, i just think they are goin be another wheel that becomes common. seen plenty of mk4 golf with um on but not seen an a3 in the flesh yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers. Here's the link

Clicky

I see what you mean. Think i'll keep it standard for a bit and upgrade in a few months so i'll notice the difference.