EM TuningChris Nott
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5

    quattro sport ?? what are my options?? advice needed

    had my a3 a few months now and after a bit of advice its a aqy engine code 180 bhp standard form i had it remapped other week by a well known mapper on the vag scene (rich washbrook) i got the car back and its quicker and loads more torque its a running a tweeked map a hybrid of revo stage 1 and custom bits hes fiddled with he spent a morning and said he was impressed with how it goes roughly producing 200 ish give or take a bit . now the bit im confused bout is i had a ibiza cupra 150 bhp stage 1 map and that was 180 ish but i was always told ko3 would never make anywhere near 200 bhp with out a ko3s but my a3 runs a ko3 and its producing 200 or maybe lil bit more?????

    im after more power but not sure how far i can take this turbo is it on its limit or can i go further i.e fmic tip exhaust ways im struggling as no1 makes one for my car which is a bit sh*t and advice would be appreciated as im not sure where to go from here???

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad1987 View Post
    had my a3 a few months now and after a bit of advice its a aqy engine code 180 bhp standard form i had it remapped other week by a well known mapper on the vag scene (rich washbrook) i got the car back and its quicker and loads more torque its a running a tweeked map a hybrid of revo stage 1 and custom bits hes fiddled with he spent a morning and said he was impressed with how it goes roughly producing 200 ish give or take a bit . now the bit im confused bout is i had a ibiza cupra 150 bhp stage 1 map and that was 180 ish but i was always told ko3 would never make anywhere near 200 bhp with out a ko3s but my a3 runs a ko3 and its producing 200 or maybe lil bit more?????

    im after more power but not sure how far i can take this turbo is it on its limit or can i go further i.e fmic tip exhaust ways im struggling as no1 makes one for my car which is a bit sh*t and advice would be appreciated as im not sure where to go from here???
    Ok dude youl have alot of people help on here

    Its a quattro isnt it? So it has a k03s mate

    So for futher upgrades your best luck is to speak to a guy called reesey or look at his TQS thread as theres loads of info.

  4. #3
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    A ko3 just about gets to 200bhp so there should be a bit more to squeeze out of a ko3s

  5. #4
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    A ko3 just about gets to 200bhp so there should be a bit more to squeeze out of a ko3s
    He thinks hes got a k03 on his TQS, unless im mistaken all TQS came with k03s?

  6. #5
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,061
    Yes they did, so he should be able to get another 30 bhp??

  7. #6
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    I thought you could get about 220bhp from a KO3S?

    200 would be lucky on a KO3....VERY lucky! However they do drive nicely when mapped.... just not as big on power.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    49
    Had 235 on my Leon Cupra on the rollers that had a K03s with Revo stage 2, fmic and high flow miltek system

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    yea the car is aqy engine code i thrt it was just a ko3 maybe i am wrong then but thats good news for me lol its the 180 bhp throttle cable engine its a 1999 and im sure its a sport did they make a quattro 180bhp thats isnt a sport?? im new to the vag scene as ive always hadd french stuff so sorry dor the newbie stuff lol

  10. #9
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,063
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    He thinks hes got a k03 on his TQS, unless im mistaken all TQS came with k03s?
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Yes they did, so he should be able to get another 30 bhp??
    You're both mistaken.

    Early TQ's came with a ko3 turbo still, much like the ibiza cupra R, it had a ko3 with a different map to get to 180bhp.

    The change to ko3S was still around the same time as the facelift, although, I think there are a few pre facelift TQ's that might have ako3S. not many though.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  11. #10
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    AQY is a 2L 8V engine, sure you've got that right?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  12. #11
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    You're both mistaken.

    Early TQ's came with a ko3 turbo still, much like the ibiza cupra R, it had a ko3 with a different map to get to 180bhp.

    The change to ko3S was still around the same time as the facelift, although, I think there are a few pre facelift TQ's that might have ako3S. not many though.
    Good to know as i thought all tqs has k03s.

  13. #12
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,063
    fraid not matey, although it's a common thought! not sure on the codes (don't pay much attention to TQ's!) but many pre facelift TQ's were ko3 only I'm afraid. Could just be down to cable throttle / DBW switchover with the newer ECUs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  14. #13
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    3,991
    My AJQ had a ko3 that was a TQS

  15. #14
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    checked on our sysem at work today and yea mines a ajq engine so k03 lol

  16. #15
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    I have had 2 tqs (ary), and they are k03s. The first one was an x plate (first of the facelift).

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Urgent advice needed - options for B6 sport shocks?
    By fourcircle in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 7th August 2011, 08:35
  2. Quattro TDI advice needed
    By got-vtec in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th August 2010, 15:26
  3. Advice needed on purchasing this '01 Quattro Sport
    By chodecz in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st April 2007, 11:47
  4. Will an S3 exhaust fit a A3 1.8 t sport? advice needed asap!
    By sam_20vturbo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd December 2006, 01:21
  5. Advice needed on remapping an A3 2.0T Quattro
    By nb in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21st October 2006, 01:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO