Coolant Leak, ADVICE PLEASE?

dplovin

Reaction score
got in my car yesterday and the coolant warning light came on :( any ideas why its loosing water, ive checked the oil filler cap and no sign of any sludge around the cap and no oil pickup in the coolant, anything else i should be checking for? hope its not my headgasket going

got in my car yesterday and the coolant warning light came on :( any ideas why its loosing water, ive checked the oil filler cap and no sign of any sludge around the cap and no oil pickup in the coolant, anything else i should be checking for? hope its not my headgasket going

Is the coolant level going down much? Do you have to top up the level often?

Bein honest m8 ive Not checked for ages so it could of gone down

Oh yeah lol it's filled up m8 I checked that straight away and it was low so filled it up, thought there was another one when u said header tank sorry

no mate not at all, the cars running fine really, recently had a full service and not long changed the cambelt and water pump. should i just keep a close eye on it

i do have vagcom maybe a full scan would throw something up not sure?

Keep an eye on that coolant level in the tank mate. If the level stays where it should be and the warning light stays off, happy days. Maybe the tank wasn't filled up enough after the water pump was changed?!

hopefully mat. if not guess am looking at new headgasket or on the lesser side a new water tank