HELP! Sounds like I have a geiger counter in the boot!

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
Went to the car yesterday morning and heard a continuous clicking noise from the back - seems to be coming from the sub-woofer.

The strange thing is that if you put the lights on, or foot on the brake pedal then the noise goes. Still does it when the radio is on as well.......

If you unplug the all leads from the central locking pump unit then the clicking frequency increases! However, if you take out the fuse for the 'central locking control system/boot interior lights' the noise stops...... Taking out the fuse for the radio or for the central locking/interior light does not stop the noise.

I am assuming this is some kind of electrical interferance with the sub, but havn't got much of clue........

Please help!!!

Exactly the same issue. Did you have any joy fixing this? Anyone know of this problem? have a solution?

[ QUOTE ]
Went to the car yesterday morning and heard a continuous clicking noise from the back - seems to be coming from the sub-woofer.

The strange thing is that if you put the lights on, or foot on the brake pedal then the noise goes. Still does it when the radio is on as well.......

If you unplug the all leads from the central locking pump unit then the clicking frequency increases! However, if you take out the fuse for the 'central locking control system/boot interior lights' the noise stops...... Taking out the fuse for the radio or for the central locking/interior light does not stop the noise.

I am assuming this is some kind of electrical interferance with the sub, but havn't got much of clue........

Please help!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an earthing point behind the sub for all the bits you've mentioned - I'd check that out as 1st port of call.

HTH
Adam