Strange noise from air con

s4mark

Reaction score
Hi. Left for work this morning, car was fine. Stopped for petrol and when I started driving I noticed a strange noise that increased and decreased with the revs. It's like a whining / whistling noise but quite loud. The noise stops if I put the air con into econ mode which makes me think the compressor has had it. The fact that it stops when in econ mode makes me think that the clutch on the compressor is still engaging and disengaging. Anyone else had similar issues?

I have same sort of noise, seems fine when first started but when turned off for half hour or so when restarted air con makes a loud rumble type noise for a couple of minuets then quietens down, I was thinking it could be the bearing, not sure if the bearing can be changed on its own or if its a new compressor, been meaning to get it sorted but now with the winter coming I won't be using the air con much, but if anyone else knows if the bearing is replaceable it would be a great help.

I have a noise from my Aircon in the passenger footwell a strange bubbling gargling noise

Hi, only had my car a week now & mine makes the same gargling bubbling sound from passenger footwell. Is this normal??

Steve

Not sure what it is think it Ights be just the Aircon gas flowing I'll get it drained and try again