Badger 5 TIP

badger5 has his own section on this forum where i saw mine

if you look down at the bottom of the main page

Whats the point of a heat sheild? The turbo will make the air coming in hot anyway! I like the standard look that i think westy did with the standard box modded around the filter .

Induction kit is definately a good move as filter has been proved to be one of the best ones available and heat shield is certinally a worth while mod :)

Yes mate. Changing the filter to a Jetex from the standard box on the B5 TIP gave another 9bhp on Bills rollers :faint:

Whats the point of a heat sheild? The turbo will make the air coming in hot anyway! I like the standard look that i think westy did with the standard box modded around the filter .

That wasn't me mate, but tuffty did it. Mine looks like this:

e9fed5d9.jpg

That wasn't me mate, but tuffty did it. Mine looks like this:

e9fed5d9.jpg

oh my mistake, i knew someone had done it and i thought it looked cool! I see youv gone the heatsheild route, does it actualy help or does it just look pritty?lol

oh my mistake, i knew someone had done it and i thought it looked cool! I see youv gone the heatsheild route, does it actualy help or does it just look pritty?lol

It's mainly for looks i'd say but the shield is completely sealed with the bonnet down and then I have 4" ducting from the front grill up to the filter. It'll get cooler air than if it was un-shielded but whether that translates into performance gains is another story.

will be purchasing one of bills new 80mm TIP's thursday if my rs6 wheels sell tomorrow night!!

hopefully ill see some better performance than i get with the forge one. anyone changed from a normal silicone TIP like Autobahn or forge to this brilliant looking item from Bill :)?

will be purchasing one of bills new 80mm TIP's thursday if my rs6 wheels sell tomorrow night!!

hopefully ill see some better performance than i get with the forge one. anyone changed from a normal silicone TIP like Autobahn or forge to this brilliant looking item from Bill :)?

I went from Autobahn and standard airbox to B5 TIP and airbox then onto Jetex cone. Massive gains in airflow and BHP when it was dyno'd at Bills.

Big smiles here. is it worth getting the hi grip clips from him too? im guessing yes?

did yours need any cutting/modding? as it states, some cutting may be required to fit etc etc

Cant wait to get my hands on one of those badboys!
Comeon pay day:readit:

Big smiles here. is it worth getting the hi grip clips from him too? im guessing yes?

did yours need any cutting/modding? as it states, some cutting may be required to fit etc etc

I bought absolutely everything I needed directly from Bill, not really worth cutting corners just for a few £££. I had to cut mine a fair bit to start with as I wanted to fit it to my OEM airbox. Later on I attached a Jetex and cut it a bit more. All my cutting and modding is in here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/119353-w3stys-progress-thread.html

I'd really like to get the Badger5 TIP and Cone Filter with Heat Shield combo but just can't justify the £250+ spend at the moment with Christmas coming and a possible gearbox swap on the horizon :(

I'd really like to get the Badger5 TIP and Cone Filter with Heat Shield combo but just can't justify the £250+ spend at the moment with Christmas coming and a possible gearbox swap on the horizon :(

If you cant then there's no rush. I've got a V1 TIP which is 2 90 degree bends joined by an alloy mid section. The V2 is out now and is a full 3" silicone hose.

When you get round to buying one you will NOT be disappointed with it. Sound and performance.

If you cant then there's no rush. I've got a V1 TIP which is 2 90 degree bends joined by an alloy mid section. The V2 is out now and is a full 3" silicone hose.

When you get round to buying one you will NOT be disappointed with it. Sound and performance.

Its 80mm inside diameter, 23% larger csa than the 3" V1 TIPs internally
Before/After on same car, ONLY 80mm B5 TIP added.. (JR filter was on there before)
DynoIT%20-%20S3TNY-silitip-vs-80mmB5-tip.jpg

s3-silicontip-vs-80mmB5tip.jpg

As seen in this months PVW magazine Page 20 :)

Bill: i know this particular setup doesnt fit, but have you tried anything similar on K03 cars to see if similar gains can be had?

Bill: i know this particular setup doesnt fit, but have you tried anything similar on K03 cars to see if similar gains can be had?

I think the silicone tip is hamperd in how big it can go due to the size of the k03 being so pekka, i think the silicone tip from ebay is as good as it will get dude :( you could buy a forge one but thats just silly amount of doh!

it can be done... as I have done on the lupo's hybrid, However... other mods required to make space for it..
coolant pipe and gear cables need to be moved. this takes it away from the bolt on solution the k04 tip is..

Ok so definitely gonna buy the TIP and jetex cone. Such good reviews!
Just had new breather pipes fitted, new anti roll bar bushes, new front subframe, eibachs pro lowering springs, and 18" RS4 reps all fitted.
As my standard TIP is now split I gotta get these ordered and fitted ASAP.
If I havent fitted a TIP myself before would it be wise to pay some one to do it properly?

Also, my car is currently custom code stage 1 remapped (210 engine, facelift body). After the badger 5 TIP and jetex cone, what would be a good mod for power gains?

AND what size spacers should I be looking at to step my wheels out a slightly? 10mm front and 20mm rear? Ideally I need to see pics of peoples cars with spacers on and how much they're spaced out.

I love my S3 :)

hi steve.
easy to fit TIPS, just fiddly, i wouldnt worry a great deal at all.

next power mod id go for is either a 3 inch downpipe/decat, or front mount intercooler, that gets you on your way to stage 2 level then, both fairly big jobs tbh.

as for the wheels, i have rs4 reps and the offset on them is ET44, which is high, i have 15mm front, 20mm rear spacers which makes them look like this....
P4240026.jpg

check your offset and get back to us, it will be similar to mine no doubt

p.s. i love my s3 too

May I ask what do you mean by change the tip can it be done on a 1.6 with a jetex filter, sorry for silt quest but new to the audis, tip?
The "TIP" means turbo intake pipe, as you car is not turbocharged, it does not apply to yours. Only the s3's with the bigger k04 turbo.

Thanks for that feel like a knob now

Everyone starts somewhere dude, you've just stepped into a world of acronyms where even most non Vag car enthusiasts would be lost as hell!

And it's brought up an old thread, which is always funny seeing how people and cars have changed over time :)

Yeah quite funny really.. As I've recently ordered the newest B5 TIP and am waiting on it ATM, I can't wait for it to get here!