Bought one!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys,

Have now purchased my first S3 woohoo lol.

We spent a bit more than planned & got a later 2002 model in Blue (is it Nagaro?) It has the RS4 18 wheels (painted grey) & a nice blue/black interior.

Full service history with cam belts being done twice in its life & showing 87000 miles now.

Also shows clutch, master cylinder etc was replaced in 2007 at 50,000mils.

Now I'm happy with everything except a notchy 1st gear (hard to get in sometimes while stationary) where you sometimes have to go back to 2nd then push harder up into first. Is this quite common feel with this gearbox. Maybe just used to coming from my wife's Seat Leon (58 plate) that has most prescise & smoothest gearbox I have ever used.

Thanks for any advice & nice to become part of the S3 experience.

Steve

steve steve steve..... why didnt you buy mine? Lol

Welcome along :)

only for like two months lol,

Ive been asking every new guy its all good.

First gear wise, does it have a short shift on it? if not it might be worth resetting the linkages.

Welcome!

Wonder if that first gear issue is something to do with the replacement master cylinder, not bled correctly?

Get some pics up mate!

No, doesn't seem like a short shift gearstick, how do you resett linkages? None of the other gears have a problem going in (no crunchy noises). Even though first is hard to select it still doesn't make a crunch when it goes in, just some resistance there.