Got an s2000 over easter...

pure

Reaction score
(Posted this in A4 forum by mistake, so if a mod reads this please del the otehr post, cheers)

My boss is due to get a new car, so he has loanedmehis S2000 for 10 days whilst he test drives a few different cars.

I've had it for 3 days now and racked up quite a few miles. I am very, very impressed by the car. It is totally different to the S3 as you can imagine, but once your in the Vtec power band there is no stopping the bleeding thing!

In the wet its leathal, but in the dry it is an absolute belter. Sounds great too, esp at 8500rpm.

I can't decide which is quicker tho. The thing with my s3 now, when I get in it, I can drive it fast and not be scared, although you have to work the gears a lot more than the s2000 it can still be fun.

The thing I have found about the s2000 is that every time I have been in it, it has scared the crap outta me and really got the adrenaline flowing, espesially when it unxpectedly decides to fish tail when the power kicks in from time to time!!! The missis is scared to get in it LOL.

Any1 else had a goodlong drive in the S2000, what did you think of it compared to your S3's?

I have only been a passenger in my bosses S2000 and I didn't like it to be honest. I'm not talking about performance I'm talking about the interior and the harsh ride.

Interesting. An S2000 was my first choice when I came to buy my next car a year ago and I was very close to, but the sale of my car fell through at the last minute which meant I lost the S2000 to a different buyer. Then I found the S3 and got a reasonable pex (plus the S3 is modified so more powerful than an S2000). I wanted to keep with the 2 seater convertible theme and the S2000 seemed the best option. Having been driven in one I know they sound good when they hit high revs, but I was also aware how they can be a handful in the wet. Oddly enough at the same time I was looking for an S2000 my colleague bought one and on the drive back from the dealership he spun it on a dual carriageway exiting a roundabout - it was only slightly damp aswell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't think you can compare the S2000 with the S3 really. 4wd against rear, N/A against turbo, convertible against 5 door, high spec interior against Japenese austerity (cool digi dash though). If I ever change back to a convertible at a reasonable price with performance I'd go for an S2000 even with it's back end snap.

Until then I am very happy with my S3 with climate control, heated seats, 4wd and 275 bhp engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

True they are totally different, but I'm hooked on it at the minuite, any opportunity to take it out and I'm off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I find the gear box is great, wonder if the shortshifters feel similar when fited to the S3.

My mate has an S2000 - we both like each others motors a lot but like you say they are totally different. The S3 is definetely more easy to drive quickly every day (you don't have to rev the crap out of it to get the power!), I'd love the S2k for a weekend car, as I too feel the ride is very harsh.

My mate laughs his *** off at the amount of torque I can muster from 2k RPM - the kind of pull you have to push hard in the S2k to get. But when the S2k is over that 7k RPM mark, oh how it shifts! And is sounds like a ****** Ferrari! DEFINETELY a handful in the wet - I've had a couple of scary moments in the passenger seat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Luv the S2000, but would be nice if it was a four seater

[/ QUOTE ]

a rwd integra r then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My Pal has Just decided yesterday to sell his S2000.
I agree the're great I wish I could afford to replace the RX7 with it.
If I had spare cash I wouldn't hesitate.

True about the noise in the car, if driven slowly it is fine. But this car that I have at the min has the hard top on, it rattles like crazy! The rest of the car is rattle free tho.

I think that this S2000 would see off a chipped s3 too. I took it down roads that I am familiar with and managed to get around the roads much quicker in the S2k than the S3. Where I would be understeering in the S3, the S2k was taking the bends like it was on rails. In the wet.....different story, I would be dead in the S2k!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Was looking at an S2000 as well, before going for the 3.2... It was a choice of reason, not heart.

At the price point, I can't think of a truer sports car than the S2000, this side of a Caterham or Exige...

Absolutely brilliant engine in 2.0 guise... I've tried the 2.2 sold in the US and they lost the plot with that, sadly. As others noted, one of the best gearboxes... A feeling we'll never get in our cable-operated gearchanges, no matter what short-shift kit is installed. A super-responsive chassis in the dry and challenging in the wet (driven one in the snow, what an absolute blast...). Pure passion!

But it will never be the ****** great all-rounder an S3 is (or, dare I say, a 3.2). It won't have the subdued looks, the build quality, the safety, the long-distance comfort, the all-weather capability, etc etc... reason or passion? such a tough choice!

-Ben.

Took my mate out in the wet 2nite, couldnt push it too much, but he liked it so much he has decided to get 1! Must be my excellent driving abilities, or els I scared the crap outta him too fishtailing down the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
lol

I have had two S3 and 2 S2000. They are both completely different cars but the S2000 lacks a certain something for me and i'm not sure what, i cant put my finger on it.

Heres some pics anyway.

S2000LASTPICTURES064.jpg

S2000LASTPICTURES016.jpg

S2000LASTPICTURES065.jpg

I intend to put some pics up of my S3s but i did not have a digital camera at the time so i am going to have to get them scanned.

[ QUOTE ]
However....I have decided that I prefer my S3 after a week with the s2000. Much, much quicker and much easier and safer to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The S3 is easier to drive quicker, no doubt. But much much quicker in absolute terms? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

may want to consder the dieselgeek quickshifter its excellent i got it in mine and i would never go back to the normal gearshift ever..