My Wing Mirrors

LD3

Reaction score
Thanks to the scummy c*%3s that ripped off my wing mirrors last night i have had to purchase another pair (I will find you).

Are these easy to fit? I'm guessing I need to take off the door panel to get to the base plate?

Any help would be much appreciated at this stressful time

Alloy mirrors were they?? they are a target sadly... sorry to hear about yet another set that will end up on ebay only to be ripped off that car and sold again... :(

Bad times...

Not sure about 'if' you need to take the door panel off but its probably an idea and they are dead easy to do... screw either side at the top of the panel, one screw holding the door handle trim then two screws behind that... all you then do is lift the panel up and off the door..

20100629_CRW_4129.jpg

I suspect you need to remove the plastic trim panel inside the door behind the mirror to remove/replace the mirror

<tuffty/>

No need to take the door card off, just unpop the black cover off on the top right of the door card and undo the torx bolt. There will be padding that needs to come out but that's it :)

Thanks Tuffty,

They wern't alloy just plastic chrome, things is they left the base plates on so I don't even think they are much use apart from the cover.

No need to take the door card off, just unpop the black cover off on the top right of the door card and undo the torx bolt. There will be padding that needs to come out but that's it :)

Thanks Darren will have a look when the mirrors get delivered. I get a squeaking in form the drivers side door card so might take the card off and just do the passenger side as you said.

Thanks Tuffty,

They wern't alloy just plastic chrome, things is they left the base plates on so I don't even think they are much use apart from the cover.

Shiny shiny still attracts the little f***r's though... probably didn't realise... that'll **** them off when they find out they are worth a lot less than genuine alloy ones lol...

<tuffty/>

Sorry hear this, at least yours weren't the alloy ones, but still annoying.

Wouldn't it be mint if you could wire some kind of conductor to give the scum bags an electric shock from the car battery if they tried to nick your mirrors.

Sorry hear this, at least yours weren't the alloy ones, but still annoying.

Wouldn't it be mint if you could wire some kind of conductor to give the scum bags an electric shock from the car battery if they tried to nick your mirrors.
Thanks Mate. Yeah wouldn't that be great. Noticed they must have kicked one off as the mirror sctratched the door slightly.

Nice colour by the way nothing a like a Noggy blue S3..with wing mirrors lol

Ahh sorry to hear matey! You get some real low people in this world! Someone even nicked my grill badge! I was thinking of spraying my black mirrors to brushed aluminium, not sure if they'd look ok though..

sorry to hear it - bad people with nothing else better to do. makes my blood boil to be honest - its just not cricket!

Ahh sorry to hear matey! You get some real low people in this world! Someone even nicked my grill badge! I was thinking of spraying my black mirrors to brushed aluminium, not sure if they'd look ok though..

Cheers mate. I think I'm going to take the chrome covers off and get some normal covers to spray same colour as my wheels. What colour is your car?

Speaking of which does anyone know the part number for the wing mirror covers? Bloke at Audi didn't seem to think they do them anymore. Seen a set on eBay but don't know if they'll fit

Are they just covers then the genuine ones?
having a look at them they feel heavy and might actually be metal. Either way I'm replacing these but can't find a set of normal covers!

Seems the plastic bit under the mirror has fell off where there should be two screws that bolt in? Any ideas anyone?