U Guys like?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey dudes, my cousin picked up this awesome ride today, u like?

Evo2.jpg

Evo3.jpg

Evo5.jpg

I know it's easter, but what is that yellow bird doing on the pictures of the S3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great pics, lovely car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Is there a problem with the exposure as there is a big white mark on the front of the car.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Defratus seriously though, how do you comapre the two (S3, Evo), standing their, build quality, cabin quality, seats, etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Like I said before - he must have crashed into Halford on the way to your house. But he forgot to take everything that fell on it off.

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said before - he must have crashed into Halford on the way to your house. But he forgot to take everything that fell on it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

"How's the turbo lag? I keep thinking back to Top Gear where they were demonstrating the huge lag, but when it kicks in - hold onto your seat!
"

If i remember rightly, they also said it needs a service after every mile / driving to the nearest post box (which ever is closer)

I like alot, dont think its too over the top, just nice and standard. Is it a 300?

Should be just nice if it is, the 400 is too extreme!

I heard somewhere that a new set of brake pads was £1000!

nah, they run brembo's! They do have to have the differential oil changed every 4000 mile for £130!

I thought we were bad off with a 20k haldex change for £80 - lol! rice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Seriously though, I guess it is what it is - very fast off the line car with a good 4x4 system and some gadjets to stop you losing it.

But having owned an FTO and a Skyline GTR (£55k new price) the build quality is simply appauling, the street cred with people that you want street cred with isn't there and at the end of the day you may as well have a Cateram, Lotus Elise or a VX220 Turbo.

Your mate probably won't sleep ever again and if he does, will wake up and look out the window if a mouse farts within 100yds!

Having said that, I wouldn't want to be next to him in my M3 far less my S3 at the traffic lights! Cool colour though! Each to their own. I wouldn't mind a quick go!

The car is an FQ300 (300 bhp). it was for around 25k. Build quality and the interior ofcrouse were soo much more sporty but I personally perfer the S3 interior. The seats are amazing compared to the S3 you just sink in, and guys C'mon, this is no chav car, it's a pure sports/rally car, if my cousin installed one bit on this evo that looks chav I would be the first to tell him, the yellow trim on the seats is standard FQ300 seats (with the FQ sign on them).
As for the turbo lag it is obvious but it's not any worse than the S3, honestly when that EVO turbo kicks the whole place just shoots by lol, and it makes the LOUDEST noise every (taking the silencer off today hehe).
And Nervus you're right it needs an oil change every 4000miles.

What was that skyline like deadeye? Was it the R34?

I know what your getting at about build quality. Its not the build really at question, but more like the materials used. You would expect more over standard lancers etc, but being rice, tend to be plastic fantastic.

oh, I did hear a few squeaks and creeks while in the car lol, I think it makes more rattling noises than the S3, inside I prefer the S3 over all this is just was too sporty but I still like, and I forgot, handling is amazing, better than the S3 no joke, probably because of the bigger chassis I dunno.

I like it in yellow. EVO6, IMO, still looks a lot better though. Yellow is getting common, many manufacturers has started to make their conceptcars in yellow. However i think SEATs are destroying the color =)

I wonder if the cooperation between Lamborghini and AUDI has made the Gallardo imola-yellow with Avus look-alike alloys. The yellow gallardo has some design-elements that reminds me quite alot of the S3. The short and compact proportions, the wheels and the yellow color.

I think the yellow Gallardo is the best looking car there is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the 300 is ok on the turbo lag at the bottom end of the revs compared to the 400....

when choosin a new car i had a look at the evo's as i wanted something more respected on the road, meaning..that alot of people will try and race a 3.2 A3 rather than an EVO etc because everyone knows the Evo's are fast.. doesnt matter who u are..its common knowledge..

but the build quality put me off bit time...

was soo crap it was almost funny..

so didnt look twice at it and said no to ordering one..