Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 1.8t 17705 fault code HELP

Hi everyone i have a 2001 A3 1.8t with a few fault codes ( I have VagCom ) the main one which is ****ing me off is the pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve CHECK DV !!!! I have checked all visible pipes checked the N249 pipes under mani when i changed crappy plastic dipstick! Only thing i can now think of is my DV leaking maybe or boost gauge pipes split ???
    Other Faults are 02 sensor which i replaced last year ?? And cooling system failure ??? Thermostat ??? Not the coolant temp sender replaced that last month !!!
    Any suggestions would be ideal.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Probably not much use to you but, my wifes car has had this fault code since she bought the car some 18 months ago. its a boost/vac leak but we just cant find it. Her car runs great and as good as my car that has no such error code, so we are not to bothered about it.

DC
    His: 2001 1.8T AUM. Hibiscus Red Pearl Effect - Hers: 2002 1.8T AUM. Metalic Silver.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Same here really car goes like a nut 80% of the time got a N75 problem too i think one minute itll be at 18 psi then for no reason wont go over 4psi pretty certain its N75 ! But this 17705 code is gettin to me LOL Thanks for your comment like you say its nothin bad enough to affect cars performance just must be a very slight leak in PCV sumwhere ! ! 1

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Do away with the PCV system, there is a how to in the FAQ's.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah i have thought that mate will have to look at it fair few pipes to sort out but would make things alot easier! Had a bit of spluttering early like it was running out of fuel then went fine again ?? Had quarter of a tank in it too !!! Any ideas ? Iv been suspecting MAF for a while !!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry didnt see this thread but I also have had this issue.Sandip came down to help and firstly we found a kink in a vac pipe which may have contributed to the issues I was having which sound very similar to yours. We then cleaned the throttle body and swopped the DV for a miltek DV which sandip carries as a spare and went for a test drive. The car drove brilliantly so I bought a new OEM 710N DV and the car has been fine since, touch wood.

2nd Gear

Status
    Another good thread here

Dodgy Idling - 1.8T

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks mate im gunna change every hose to silicone i rekon cant go wrong then! LOL

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by macpdm View Post
    Another good thread here

Dodgy Idling - 1.8T
    So i take it due to the transverse engine in the a4 this crank case t shape ufo looking thing should be at the front of our a3? Im sure a pipe goes from there to under the inlet manifold? Correct me if im wrong because i think this may also be my problem aswel . Thanks