Failed M.O.T

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk

Well I went down to my local garage to get my prestigious M.O.T and the ****** car failed!

I need a new part on the offside steering rack (the ball and pin part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ).

Can anybody show me what the part looks like. Maybe some helpful ***.net member may have the VW/Audi diagram software (forget what they call it).

Thanking you kindly in advance.

Oh and did I forget to mention the car also failed on my petrol cap?

I must have left it at my last petrol re-fill - Sigh!

Sounds like the tie rods to me. About £40 per side. Petrol cap...ive done that before! luckily it was still sat where i left it!

Rich

Looking at the image below. If its only the track rod end then it'll be item no.1. If its the trackrod complete thats the prob, it'll be items 1 & 6.

A3SteeringComponentsFWD.jpg

You can get the tie rod ends from GSF Car Parts for about £10 and £35 ish for the track rod. Up to you where you get them from of course.

LOL about the petrol cap you numpty!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and did I forget to mention the car also failed on my petrol cap?

I must have left it at my last petrol re-fill - Sigh!

[/ QUOTE ]
melonhead.jpg

only kiddin m8.
that price sounds ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I always stand the petrol cap on the petrol flap using the 2 little gaps in the cap. No way you can forget it that way, but I guess that some people might not want to do this in case the cap leaks some fuel onto the paintwork on the flap.

my petrol cap is attached by a wee bit of plastic so unless it breaks - cant' really lose it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif