Real Aero conversion vs Bosch Twin Aero retro fits

dougie175

Reaction score
For the last year I have had Bosch retro fit twin blade aero wipers all round, they have been ok nothing special but they have done the job.

I like the look of aero wipers and think conventional wipers look very dated now.

Im just wondering if anyone can advise if the real aero wipers are much better? I know they look better than the retro fits, but do they work alot better?

Im happy to shell out the £100 if they work better, but not if they only look better.

Thanks

I had naff blades on mine but went to the aero's and they do work well (as good as wipers can be?!), look a million times better and you can lock them up when washing the car, unlike the originals...

I have a brand new s3 with said wipers and at 250 miles they're juddering on screen. They leave trails of water after the swipe and I don't find them any more effective in terms of cleaning performance than a standard blade. Yes they lift less at high speed, but hit a bug at motorway speed and it's no more likely to get swiped off by the latest aeros than by std wipers. I have to keep coating the blades in silicone just to keep them running smoothly and now I use Rain-X to actually do without them wherever poss. One area of car development that never really moved on.

Thank Warren think Ill keep my money and just fit a new set of retro fits then rather than splashing out of the real aeros if the only benefit is the look

I have a brand new s3 with said wipers and at 250 miles they're juddering on screen. They leave trails of water after the swipe and I don't find them any more effective in terms of cleaning performance than a standard blade. Yes they lift less at high speed, but hit a bug at motorway speed and it's no more likely to get swiped off by the latest aeros than by std wipers. I have to keep coating the blades in silicone just to keep them running smoothly and now I use Rain-X to actually do without them wherever poss. One area of car development that never really moved on.

I never had any problem with mine on the P after 11k miles from new actually Warren, in fact i'd actually go as far as to say it was probably the best car i've had in terms of quiet window wipers.

I'm not disputing what you're saying mate, but it might be a faulty pair of wipers or something? I've also never liked the effect Rain-X has on my wipers long term either, I stopped using that horrible stuff years ago...

Nothing worse though than creaking/squeaking/juddering wipers though is there!

I never had any problem with mine on the P after 11k miles from new actually Warren, in fact i'd actually go as far as to say it was probably the best car i've had in terms of quiet window wipers.

I'm not disputing what you're saying mate, but it might be a faulty pair of wipers or something? I've also never liked the effect Rain-X has on my wipers long term either, I stopped using that horrible stuff years ago...

Nothing worse though than creaking/squeaking/juddering wipers though is there!

I tend to drive quite a bit at night, and whilst Rain-X and wipers don't seem to get on, I can get away with no wipers at night even when it's hammering down as the windscreen doesn't smear, it all just beads. If I regularly top up the silicone it's not too bad, but I find it hard to honestly justify the value of the new ones over the oldies for outright performance.

May try cleaning glass down and seeing if they settle, so cheers for the tip.

In fact i'd actually go as far as to say it was probably the best car i've had in terms of quiet window wipers.

Wow, thats a bold statement right there. Have you collated any facts to back this up? Wiper efficiency coupled with noise pollution of their stroke is pretty much the most important factor in my new vehicle purchase.

:lmfao: