Which Boost controller????

Pat

Reaction score
Since taking a break from the rebuild and parking the car up over winter im looking at buying few more bits..

First of all im looking at a EBC..

Just wondered what people suggest?? Been looking at the blitz dual spec

Is it really a good idea to take the boost control away from the ECU? it monitors for high EGT's and other problems and backs boost off, often before serious damage occurs.

I'd say only get on if you have a big turbo or a hybris turbo.don't really need it if mapped properly with standard turbos

Is it really a good idea to take the boost control away from the ECU? it monitors for high EGT's and other problems and backs boost off, often before serious damage occurs.

If tuned correctly then its not a problem at all... its a BT Pat has and good results can be had from a decent EBC... Bill has used Apexi in the past but thats on FWD BT cars where the gear limited boost is a must...

A decent tuner should be able to map the N75 properly however and with AWD there is no real advantage to going EBC...

Depends what you want I guess :)

<tuffty/>

I ran a gizzmo MS IBC in the track car for a bit, sadly I sold it when I thought I was breaking the car, now I want another one :( it worked brilliantly.

I'd quite like something with RPM based mappable boost, but I'm not sure the budget can stretch that far!

I ran a gizzmo MS IBC in the track car for a bit, sadly I sold it when I thought I was breaking the car, now I want another one :( it worked brilliantly.

I'd quite like something with RPM based mappable boost, but I'm not sure the budget can stretch that far!
Got a bran new one if your interested prawn :o.k:

iv been useing the gizmo for ages in a few cars
theres a few good options aswell

Ok lads thanks for advice. Gunna try one along with a set of cams

Let us know how it goes, how much am i would a hks or gizmo controller cost.

any pros & cons for them?