My new Turbo is eventually here!

nervus

Reaction score
As title, as some of you are aware i sold the 911 C4s last month and eventually sourced a Turbo. Unfortunately it still has the previous owners plate on and the rear tyres are like sausage skins so i still cant use it till its sorted - hope this weekend is fine!

nervus-Newtub.jpg

Sorry about the crap quality, ill post some decent photos soon! you get the idea!

Cheers soupie, it is insane performance. I feel like it is too quick, but maybe ill get used to it soon.

Can someone resize it properly?

Mmm, looks evil! Very nice indeedy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

one day i will get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

or if our lass gets her way i`ll never see one just 2 kids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

I must be in the wrong forum... I thought this was the A3/S3 Forum?

Nice car btw!

Congrats Nervus on your awesome purchase - welldone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif WHY are you still here posting, when you should be ripping the tarmac up?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Nervus on your awesome purchase - welldone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif WHY are you still here posting, when you should be ripping the tarmac up?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got it delivered this morning and took a quick spin and photo of it and now im at work, cant wait to get home mind. The plate is not legal as its been transferred to the previous owners latest car and the rear tyres are illegal so i need two new ones ASAP and my local garage can't get any till tomorrow. Oh well at least i can sit in it when i get home.

Thats my ultimate all time gotta have it one day car.

Looks awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Nice one mate, looks lovely! That should stand out much more if I see it in Aycliffe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif so are you keeping the S3 aswell or has it gone?

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
is it a 4wd one? sorry for stupid question my knowledge of porshces is limited

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean Porsches lol, it would be a 4WD if it's a Turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Amazing bit of kit, you must be well chuffed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I saw how well these things perform this morning - a bloke in one pushed an M3 out of the way then floored it - I assumed he was just going to vanish over the horizon, but no - he indicated (unlike the BMW) and pulled across 3 lanes onto the offslip - I couldn't believe how well the thing braked - I assumed the 206 he pulled in behind was going to be punted into the next county. Well impressed.

Cheers guys, @ recomondos, I still have the S3, It is 4WD and i am well chuffed on the whole but there is a couple of issues with the car!
(rear disks are warped, rear tyres are like the ones on steptoes cart and it has the full interior carbon pack which is a little busy for me and there is a couple of chips on the front.

Plus points is it has the X51 (uprated turbo pack), the aero kit, satnav, bose+ . Ive been hunting one for ages and this turned up at my OPC but i got it for an amazing price but with no prep, the way it came in is the way i took it!

Very nice dude!

So we are all putting Porsche brakes and allowys on our S3's and you buy a Porsche with them already on!

Nice

How old is it and what is the official name of it (966, 997 or what ever - again lack of porsche knowledge)

Deadeye,
Its a 2002 '02 - 911 (996) Turbo

From the factory it has the uprated ECU (known as an X51 pack) like the Turbo S which ups power to 462bhp and 457 Ib/ft @ 0.7bar boost (std is 0.4 bar i think). It can reportably be upped to 1.0 bar no probs, but re-maps seem to be alot more £££ for essentially the same work as soon as you mention the P word!

Anyhoo, it is terrifying anyway by the time the turbos spin up, you realise you should have thought about braking 2 seconds ago!