Are the S3 and A3 rear lights the same?

I

imported_Wicked666

Cause i've seen a pair of techno lights on a black golf and can imagine they'd look tasty on an S3.

Clicky

this is a wind up right?... id rather have a poke in the eye. c'mon fella whens the last time you went to spec savers....thats hineous.

[ QUOTE ]
Cause i've seen a pair of techno lights on a black golf and can imagine they'd look tasty on an S3.

Clicky

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
xxultra29.jpg

Ade

Well, if nobody else wants to contribute anything useful, I will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry dude, but due to the slightly altered shape of the S3 hatch, A3 light clusters won't quite fit. Your best bet would be to either leave the std clusters, or find something S3 specific.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

maybe Drill was just saying that so he wont buy them? I dont like them either, but end of the day it is all personal choice, I'm sure as many people will claim my car is boring for not having 'alternate' aftermarket parts.

Sorry guys, I get bitched at in one forum for excessive use of the smilies, then fail to get my point across ussing them here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif" and " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif" were meant to intimate sarcasm. It was an attempt to be a "Nice" smart-*** as opposed to the semi-rude comments this kind of question usually draws.

The S3 and A3 light clusters ARE in fact identical. As a matter of fact, pre/post facelift rear clusters are also interchangeable. While the disco lights on their own seem kinda cool, I think the look just doesn't mesh with the understated appearance of the A/S3. But as mentioned, it's just my opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Ewan, it's the lack of a turbo that makes you car boring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif (jk)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No way! Hee hee. Didn't think i'd get that sort of reaction unless it was the Talkaudio forum!

Saw these on a black golf which had dark tints and the black lights suited it perfectly. I wish I took a photo to show you guys. Looked better than the standard lights as these were the same colour so looked like they were blended in rather than a light unit screwed on. Plus they were LED's and looked like the back of the new bmw's when he put his brakes on.

I've done my stint of modifying but I think the Black audi in the pic above looks ok. The silver one looks a bit cack.

nah think they're the m3 style ones top half silver/clear bottom red/standard colour, them are the ones i meant anyway

i'd still go for the standard lights personally

Yeah, I think those FK ones look alright. I'd LOVE LED tailights on my TQ, and the FK's look like they could add that without detracting from the A/S3 "Look" too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Looking now for LED Clusters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

A GTI came blasting past us on the M61 while on the way home from work a few weeks ago which had the FK Automotive ones (linked above) fitted. It was nice and dark so they were lit-up. I thought they looked pretty nice - I'm quite a fan of the current LED thing.

I've since seen another Golf with a set, in daylight this time, and I agree they don't spoil the looks of the car. It seems to be that too many aftermarket cluster manufacturers think too much about making the lights stand out; and not enough about making them compliment the rest of the car. FK seem to have that right (for the most part anyway (there are a few sins on their website - see the A4 tail-lights))....

Anyway, just in case any of you were interested in their products...

Manufacturer's Recently-Updated English Website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...On a slightly off-topic note; I notice that they've finally got some shots of a pre-facelift A3 with their much-discussed Angel-Eye style headlights fitted on the site. I must say after seeing some decent pictures, I'm quite tempted again... Even if it's mainly for the facelift-projector look on a diet for those of us who haven't quite plucked up the courage to introduce our Dremmels to the wings on our pride-and-joy. They're not half bad; and the Angel-Eye ring sidelight is starting to grow on me a bit too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Regards,

Rob.

Sorry, but have to say they are almost as bad as the "lexus" lights.

I gotta say i like FK headlights for the pre facelift too guessing there is no UK sellers at the moment, have to order direct from FK in Germany?

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta say i like FK headlights for the pre facelift too guessing there is no UK sellers at the moment, have to order direct from FK in Germany?

[/ QUOTE ]
No; there are two or three (at least) UK suppliers online (some seeming more reputable (only by virtue of tidy website)) - I got wound up with my machine, ghosted and wiped it; so I don't have my old Favourites list handy, but 5-10 minutes at the craft of optimising some google input should turn up some results. If memory serves, the best price I found for the pair was about £250 (with a drink for Gordon Brown and delivery included). I'm getting awfully tempted myself too because it's almost month-end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif - If I go hunting online again after I've been out for a thrash tonight I'll hit you with some links.

Regards,

Rob.