Strange Pause

OrkneyS3

Reaction score
When i plant the throttle in fourth, fifth and sixth, there is a surge towards 4500rpm then a slight pause, she then drops a few hundred rpm, then picks up and carries on as normal anyone got any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Chris

Likely to be an ignition coil failing under load mate, worth trying Audi to see if you are eligible for the free recall if you haven't already looked into it? They're only about £30 each anyway if not

I've got something very similar happening on my S3, only really happens in 4th, 5th, 6th under heavy acceleration. Assumed it was something wrong with the N75 not controlling the boost properly, but need t get round to taking it up to Badger5 to get looked at by someone who knows what they're doing! Coil packs is a good call though, will give Bristol Audi a call...

Sounds like it could be clutch slip

yea, sound like clutch
t
put it in sixth gear at about 60 mph and full throttle it, do no come off the gas, tell us what it does

Il test that the morn, ive just washed her and i want her to at least be clean for a day lol

Chris

Getting the coil pack re-call done anyways in december when i head sooth for christmas shopping.

Did you get this sorted in the end?

Mine started playing up again and it 'almost' went away after changing all four coils, it only happens very occasionally now and specifically only in 4th when floored from about 3,100.

I'm pretty sure it's not the clutch because for one it definitely changes depending on which coils I have installed, and also it's more of a hesitation or even slight drop in revs rather than a rise in engine speed with no increase in acceleration like I would expect from a clutch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Last edited: