8D A4 seats in 8L A3???

daviederv

Reaction score
Hey was wondering if anyone knew if 8D A4 seats would fit into my 8L A3?

8D A4? do you mean B8? (i.e. current shape...)

Is your A3 a 5 door? you would have no reclining mech on A4 seats... anything can be 'made' to fit but I doubt very much they will bolt straight in...

<tuffty/>

Hey thanks for the help na its a 3 dr A3 i knew the rear bench wouldnt fit just wondered if fronts wud fit just lookin at my options for different seats lol

Hey thanks for the help na its a 3 dr A3 i knew the rear bench wouldnt fit just wondered if fronts wud fit just lookin at my options for different seats lol

The rear bench fitting (or not) is not really the problem... the A4 seats will not tilt forward to let passengers in the back of a 3dr...

<tuffty/>

tuffty "8D" is the model name for the B5 A4.

Its odd that you A3 folks use the model names routinely (ie 8L 8P etc), yet A4 folks seem to refer to the platform type.

I guess it would be a bit confusing, as the A3 is built on the "A4" platform (A meaning small car and 4 meaning generation 4)

Its doesnt need to tilt and slide as the rear is stripped out ..........

Basically, they dont fit.

If you want to crack out the grinder and welder i'm sure they can be made to fit though.

tuffty "8D" is the model name for the B5 A4.

Its odd that you A3 folks use the model names routinely (ie 8L 8P etc), yet A4 folks seem to refer to the platform type.

I guess it would be a bit confusing, as the A3 is built on the "A4" platform (A meaning small car and 4 meaning generation 4)

I don't know about anybody else, but that has massively confused me...

...time for another coffee perhaps.

lol. The VAG group has internal model names for each car. These typically take the form of a three letter code like 8L0 or 8D5 or 1J0.

There are also names for the general platform the car is built on. These names originally started out using a letter and a number, where the letter signified the platform type, and the number the generation. The letters are A/B/C depending on the size of the car. In more recent years this has changed a bit however.

So for instance the A1 platform is a Mk1 golf. A3 platform includes Mk3 Golf/Jetta. A4 platform covers a wide range of cars, such as the Mk4 Golf, A3, Leon, Beetle, Toledo and Octavia. Each of these also has a model number, the mk4 golf is 1J0, A3 is 8L0 etc.

Its just odd that everyone uses the platform to describe the A4 and A6 ranges, they'll say B5 A4 or C5 A6 rather than 8D0 or 4D0.

Well i work for audi been here 6yrs and have never once seen or heard everyone use the term B4 a4 so thts why i use the 8D A4 just cos thts wat im use to. im pretty sure the seat will fit cos they all use pretty much the same mountings so think im goin to give it a go lol. see wat the outcome is :)

Hey was wondering if anyone knew if 8D A4 seats would fit into my 8L A3?
I have 2005 a4 2.0tdi and the seats bolted straight into my 2012 a3 1.6tdi altho wiring is not the same. I cut the seat belt on the a4. As the 3 door does not attach to seat .. and obviously u canot recline forward the a4 seats