Does the bose sound system have....

I

imported_Wicked666

in input at the back for an iPod?

Or can I change the HU and still use the existing bose speakers?

Don't want to start ripping an S3 apart with my own install if I can help it.

Thanks

You would be surprised how easy it is to install a system in an S3.

Exhanged a few Ideas with Andy MAC and have just finished 1.3Kw install in mine.

Just playing with subs at the moment to get the sound just right!

Is much sound deadening needed?

I had to do crazy stuff in the saxo. Had to remove rear wiper to stop the rattling and it sounds really good. How much rattling goes on in the boot? I will be mainly SQ now.

well if you are going SQ- you'll need to replace the front speakers and sub (see andymacs stealth sub enclosure) but once you get to that stage you might as well spec a whole a whole system from scratch. so you are gonna need to rip your car apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will keep existing install in place. Will get new kicks made to mount my speakers as I don't think the doors would be able to handle them. I cound leave the existing sub in boot and build around it. This would involve minimal panel removal as long as not much sound deadening is required.

[ QUOTE ]
Is much sound deadening needed?

I had to do crazy stuff in the saxo. Had to remove rear wiper to stop the rattling and it sounds really good. How much rattling goes on in the boot? I will be mainly SQ now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought some dynomat but the door skins have a thinner Audi version on anyway. if you think about the frequency range of the speakers that are going in the doors and rear quarters, sound deadening is not neccessary.

I can't hear anything rattling in the boot as the bass is too loud! :)