Frankenturbo Manni fitted to Head

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
A bit of an update just got the F/T manifold to fit to the head and Turbo, to be honest it was pretty straight forward, unless i am missing something.....
If bill can look at the images and see any potential probs that would be cool, as i have not had to weld a plate on the collector like bill did.....
Next step get the AGU head dropped off for new exhaust guides and valves, pressure check, then and im in business!!...

:icon_thumright:

looks good how was it with import tax i was looking at there ko4 hybrid kit other day read good reports

is turbo housing touching manifold runner?
flange face does not look too flat clamped on rear (closest to head) but does look close/touching on opposite. Thats the issue I had. hence adding spacer flange

Bill's right: make sure the outside of the turbine housing is fully clear of the runner. I checked it before sending but who knows. More importantly, how is the clearance of the heat shield boss to the runner below it? The boss in question is right visible in your pic here:

img0531dk.jpg

is turbo housing touching manifold runner?
flange face does not look too flat clamped on rear (closest to head) but does look close/touching on opposite. Thats the issue I had. hence adding spacer flange
Hi Bill, the turbo housing is clear all round, As Doug has said its very close to the heat sheild boss, but i cant see a way around that and may have to fabricate a fixing further away...there are no gaskets on in the pics so that should give me a mm or 2, thanks..