Essex RR Day Nightmare - Bhp Problems Resolved by AmD

Ade_D

Reaction score
Website
www.pixworld.co.uk
Well, kind of, not sure if there ever was a problem to be honest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As i'm sure a lot of you were aware my results on the RR day in Witham were not too good with my S3 only reaching 203ish bhp.

Up to this point i was blissfully unaware that there was a problem with the car. The results, however, prompted me to buy a diag cable and VAG-COM and a few of you helped me out to attempt to diagnose the problem. As my skills here are pretty limited and the results were not obvious i eventually decided to book the car into AmD.

I arrived there yesterday at 9am (after leaving Cornwall at 5am!) and there were working on the car on and off all day! Despite this all they found wrong was a clutch switch. The guy's there were brilliant and checked everything (MAF, Preassure test, Dump Valve & loads more that i can't remember). A big thanks goes out to them all if any of them are reading this.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

They put it on the RR road at the end of the day (after a pit of persuasion from myself) to satisfy my mind that it actually was OK and it ran fine reaching 268.8 bhp @ 5391 rpm & 276.4 lb ft @ 4688.

Not sure what happened on the day in Essex but i can't believe that a clutch switch would make that much difference and the car feels no different now than it did then.....

Anyway here's my results from Yesterday on AmD's rollers...

Bhp
amdbhp.jpg

Torque
amdtorque.jpg

Ade

nice nice mate, I like the graph lol, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif