AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

side skirt (door blade)

hey guys you know the Grey part below the door (side skirt), is starting to peel off,

what would i require to get it back? so everytime i close the door it stays in place.

thanks Dre
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

S3 Drift King!

Status
    2 options, take them off and repair them before putting them back on or buy new ones which are £120+ each!

I've put a new one on my driverside which cost me £80ish some 5 years ago, they have gone up in price. I've repaired my passenger one in the past, but it's coming apart again.

Oh, and we usually refer to this part as the doorblade.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

1st Gear

Status
    how would i repair them if i take them off? ah thank you jojo

also do u have the part number to call up dealers regarding prices! :P
    Last edited by andrecc; 4th November 2011 at 21:23.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Below is a knackered(my) one.

It should like like this

Basically, the white nylon bit is pushed into the rubber bit, but over time, the rubber part shrinks and the nylon bit pops out. A quick fix is to push the nylon bit back in and araldite it, but it's a temp solution, it will come apart again over time, and in my case, 4 years or so on the passengerside.

Don't have the part number on me, as I'm currently at work - Sorry.

New one fitted as supplied out the box.

5th Gear

Status
    I've bought a full set of used blades and will be replacing my passenger side one which is starting to come away (not as bad as the pic above). I've decided that I will discard the original screws and bond it to the door (using this: Sikaflex Adhesive (Black) - Performance Car Parts / Car Accessories / Car Tuning / Car Styling / Essex - Rude Racing), which should also seal it and prevent water from getting in between the nylon & rubber sections.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 4th November 2011 at 22:15.

1st Gear

Status
    you dont have a picture so i can see where it clips into how does it look without the door blade?

1st Gear

Status
    The blade is positioned on 4 pins i think and then the blade slides forward to lock it into position . If you look at the picture Jojo posted you will see the groove on the back of the blade. Removing the blade would expose the pins and the bottom of the door so I wouldnt recommend removing them.

Ive replaced the drivers side one. Bought a used one off ebay and then had all 4 colour coded to match the car, looks good on black.

Cheers.
    S3 Big Turbo

1st Gear

Status
    i was looking at mine earlier and noticed that the white nylon is stuck onto the door but not the side skirt ive tried using adherive from halfords looks like its replacing anyone got part number?

1st Gear

Status
    i was looking at mine earlier and noticed that the white nylon is stuck onto the door but not the door blade is starting to come off the white nylon ive tried using adherive from halfords looks like its replacing anyone got part number? im going to try taking it off and fixxing it because the white nylon doesnt seem worn

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    I have just fixed my door blade. I tried using super strong grab adhesive as it was peeling at the end of the door (nearest the door handle), and it held it on for about 6 weeks but then came away. I decided to then get one from a scrappy but they send me the wrong part so I sent it back and coughed up £130 odd for the part from the Stealers.

If you get a new one, you will find that the part is UN-PAINTED!!! It will be primed and will look a very pale grey in colour. If you want it to look half decent, you'll need to get it painted by someone. I got my mini rear door blade painted at the same time so that they would match in colour. I went for a matte lacquer so that they weren't as shiny as before, but now I need to get the other side done because the new side looks so nice, and the other side is scuffed, old and battered! As you can see, the new part fits perfectly and only took 5 minutes to put on.

Before:

After:

5th Gear

Status
    What adhesive did you try?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    What adhesive did you try?
    i used Araldite Precision Syringe Halfords | Araldite Precision Syringe.

i would push it firm for about 10mins to hold but it wouldnt it will just come back to normal loose position. also the nylon doesnt seem damage/worm as much as the pic before is just the doorblade is loose from the nylon bit but nylon is still screwed on firmly.

1st Gear

Status
    called up audi and they said its £156 for doorblade

for a doorblade. could upgrade brakes with that.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Unfortunately, the best way to repair these is to take it off the car! Doing it in situ will not last long I assure you!!

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Yes....definitely repair these off the car. Unfortunately I couldn't get mine off the door without trashing the strip. All you need to do is glue the nylon runner back into the recess on the rear of the door blade.