Just ordered FK AK coilovers

Ashley g

Reaction score
Just thought you guys might want to know, they're pretty cheap on ebay at the mo, less than £200!

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I'm not expecting the world from them but I've done My research and people seem to be pretty pleased with them for the money so I thought why not!!

Cheers for the link, that is cheap!!! would be very keen to know the difference as i dont want too stiff a ride but my shocks need changing.

aaron

They arent too stiff, hard, bouncy at all. I have them on my A4 and the ride is pretty decent. Made the handling so much better too.

They arent too stiff, hard, bouncy at all. I have them on my A4 and the ride is pretty decent. Made the handling so much better too.

Thanks Jason, no issues with them then??? Doesn't seem worth paying dbl the money for Koni then

No issues what so ever. Keep the threads lubed up and its all good :)

check the rear dampers before you put them on the car

google "fk damper knocking" into google

check the rear dampers before you put them on the car

google "fk damper knocking" into google

I left the standard rear dampers on mine as I was told about the knocking. I've had them on for about 2000 miles now and I dont get any knocking, but leaving the standard rear dampers on just meant it "settled" a little strange, just needed to re adjust the rear and lower it another 10mm more than I thought. Over all good bit of kit. I paid £100 for a second hand set that had only done about 3-4k on them. Cheap lows!!!

not all of them knock, it seems there quality control is crap, had mine replaced under warranty.....

i like the handling too, better over standard if you ask me, well it would be, standard suspension is like 10 years old lol

Cool! Looking forward to getting rid of that "land rover" look! I already have adjustable rear arms fitted which makes Me thing the car has been lowered in the past

OK so they've arrived and I'm trying to fit the rears, having problems! The alloy adjuster cups don't fit over the lower spring platforms. I can't work it out. Putting it back together and going home!!
Has anyone got any pics as I really can't work it out. Maybe I'm being thick, lol

i think there was a thread on here on how to fit these coilovers when someone else did it, it was pretty comprehensive with plenty of pics - i only know because i looked when i was thinking about doing it.

try a search..... (hope this helps)