Is this just me....

SyA3Turbo

Reaction score
Website
www.dub-life.co.uk
....or are the lights on the A3 very very poor as standard. I had a ford Ka before this and night time driving was never a problem.

Now night time driving is lethal. I may as well be blindfolded.

Is this just a common thing. Is there any cure? Later spec xenons (cost, difficulty?)

I have a set of H7 ring xenon bulbs in the TurboKa, would these fit in the a3 (99 plate).

Also on the subject of bulbs, are the front indicators opposite or offset pin design as i have some silvertecs off my clio knocking around too. May as well recycle it all.

I have Phillips Visionplus and they are a lot better. Osram Silver Stars are good too. Get em on Ebay for about £15.

Rob

Dont ask TDI-line, he hasnt even got a car!

Hurry up and get one or I will keep bringing it up!

You just can't stay away from the knife drawer Rob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I posted this in the A4 forum just yesterday regarding this....

[ QUOTE ]
I have gone back to a car without xenons after having them in the last 3 and at first was really disapointed with the standard halogens.

However I bought some Philips bulbs, 50% brighter not the blue looking ones, and this made a big difference. I also adjusted the lights so they stretch out further down the road, as the beam was far too short as standard, at first I got flashed by 2 cars and pulled over and knocked them back a touch, and I have now been driving round with them for 3 months with no problem, and really don't miss the xenons either.

[/ QUOTE ]