in car dvd player help

jap-vag

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section but really need some help, i have just purchased a single din dvd player for my 2000 audi a3 i have picture on the dvd's and is recognising cd's etc but i am having an issue with the sound when i turn the ignition on and then turn the dvd player on i have no sound but when i turn the ignition off the sound comes on :S strange i know i was wondering if there was any reason for this and if someone could possibly help me resolve this issue i would be very much appreciative

thanks

I'm guessing it's not oem? Have you wired it properly as I'm guessing its wiring related..

yeah its just a block connector but i had a 6 disc changer in it previously all of which was oem

Looks like its more headunit related then..tbh I'm not too good with that sort of stuff your better off posting it on the ICE section of the forum' those guys know their stuff and will be able to help you. Sorry I couldn't be more help

not a problem finaly sorted it had to snip a wee wire then the engine packed up on me the night i got the dvd player working :p