Heater Blower Motor

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone has to change/replace their heater blower motor? How hard is the job and how long will it take?

I am not 100% sure if this is what needs replacing but when I turned my heater on there was a loud "growling" type noise coming from what seemed to be under the glove box compartment.

The noise gets louder as you increase the fan speed but the heat still comes out normal.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes you need a new blower, it's a Valeo unit and about £50 delivered on ebay. It's probably the easiest DIY job you can do on the car. Remove the glovebox and there it is, 3 screws and it's out!

Very easy job less than an hour out and in, I had the same noise coming from my heater, when I took it out there was a bit of foam rubber trim inside the fan flapping about, which must have come from under the dash somewhere, I just pulled it out and the prob was cured.

I have one for sale mate from my S3, will do it you for £35 delivered

Thanks AndyMac - You have helped me out yet again :thumbsup:

Yes you need a new blower, it's a Valeo unit and about £50 delivered on ebay. It's probably the easiest DIY job you can do on the car. Remove the glovebox and there it is, 3 screws and it's out!