Sticking out headlamp washers - Audi dealer response

• Thread starter imported_monkeytrousers
  • Start date
I

imported_monkeytrousers

Hello

I have just had my headlamp washers looked at under the Audi warranty.

There were two issues, first they simply didn't work and second the washers were permanently sticking up an inch from the bumper.

My Audi dealer has had a look and fixed them so they work (under warranty), however, they say they cannot make them stop sticking out under the warranty.

The reason given is that they say the damage is because the car has been grounded (it has grounded - on a ridge of compacted ice).

They say the fact they were not working was not related to them sticking out, and it's coincidence that there were two unrelated headlamp washer problems.

They have agreed to have another look and have suggested it's a body shop job to remove bumper and sort it out (at my cost I assume).

Hope this makes sense.

Is it possible to damage headlamp washers in this way by grounding the car? I don't deny the car grounded. Are the two problems (not working / stick out) really not related?

Bit of a tricky one this.

Cheers guys.

rubbish.

they are driven out by water pressure. and returned by a spring.

as for bupmer i can take mine off in under 30 mins on my own, and thats taking my time , preparing a blanket so it doesnt get scratched etc.

if they been grounded, you would have took your sump off. have a look under the car at the lowest thing , and its not the washers, they are not even visable.

[ QUOTE ]
rubbish.

they are driven out by water pressure. and returned by a spring.

as for bupmer i can take mine off in under 30 mins on my own, and thats taking my time , preparing a blanket so it doesnt get scratched etc.

if they been grounded, you would have took your sump off. have a look under the car at the lowest thing , and its not the washers, they are not even visable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, as said they are pushed up by water and returned by a spring, it is possible they are jammed with muck but that is about it. As for grounding it, what a load of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

handful of screws in each arch liner and 1 underneath either side. all torx

2 x screws underside in middle of bumper philips

puch centres out of plastic rivits at the top of bumer under bonnet shut.

after this just splay the edges outwards to clear arch liners and it slides off.

little more difficult to put it on, but once you done it once with help, it can be done alone.

i did mine alone when i did my samco's