My vagcom results

Eddie S3

Reaction score
Did a couple of runs earlier checking block 3, 5 and 11 but im not really too sure what im looking for...

Can someone have a look at them and see if everything is how it should be?
Its a 2002 s3 bam, only mods that i know of are 007 forge dv and a forge tip

They don't look like runs to me... how did you do these??

What is it you are trying to check?

Typically to do a decent logging run you have to start in third gear from around 2000 rpm then foot to the floor until redline or as close to redline as is legal and safe...

It needs to be WOT as you need to see whats going on under load...

What probs are you experiencing and that will dictate which blocks to start looking at...

<tuffty/>

From 1st untill about 4 or 5th it was pedal to the metal...what does it mean when it says overrun?
lately when ive been driving under full load the revs get to about 3000 then drop back about 200-300 then go up again.

Ive ordered a new laptop to run the software on as the battery is knackered in my old laptop so when that comes ill do another run and post up the results

From 1st untill about 4 or 5th it was pedal to the metal...what does it mean when it says overrun?
lately when ive been driving under full load the revs get to about 3000 then drop back about 200-300 then go up again.

Ive ordered a new laptop to run the software on as the battery is knackered in my old laptop so when that comes ill do another run and post up the results

You don't do it through the gears, just one gear... third... find a safe straight peace of 'private' road, cruise in third with a warm engine (at 90 degrees) at 2000rpm, then foot to the floor until redline or as close to it as you can get safely/legally....

Racing through the gears isn't the way to do this sort of logging...

<tuffty/>

Ill give that a go when the new laptop arrives, i was following a guide off a tt website i think it was that said to go through all the gears

Thanks for the help!

No need mate... logging just needs to be done under load in one gear... bit like a dyno run essentially...

<tuffty/>

finally got round to doing another test, is it susposed to say part throttle?

vagresults.jpg

i also tested for boost leaks checking the fuel trims, before clearing them the short term was -2.7 and then after a drive it was -3.0
long term was -7.0 and then -0.8