Best launch Technique?

ianhg

Reaction score
Hey
Since im getting a few mods soon,(see other thread) and i have access to a very long runway. i was wondering whats the best launch technique in the s3, since its 4wd i suppose its the clutch that gives way.
I have had it upto 130mph from a standing start, with revo and brembos il go quicker and stop quicker!
so how do you launch an s3?

Bang the right peddal and yank the left! :)

Seriously though, if you have a turbo guage, find out at what revs the boost beggins to get above half way, as the rev counter geoes through this rev figure, yank the clutch - you will have full boost and high revs and 4WD, nothins gonna stop it moving forward!

Oh yeah, ESP OOOOOFFFFFFF!

im kind to my tyres clutch and gearbox.

i get it rolling and then plant it.

[ QUOTE ]
im kind to my tyres clutch and gearbox.

i get it rolling and then plant it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, get moving, then floor it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The clutch is a major weakness on the S3. I've had a new one fitted and if i floor it from a standing start you can smell the clutch burning. Wish i went for an upgraded clutch now although i'm not sure if this would make a lot of difference....

Ade

Figure £1000 for a new clutch and DMF when you break it launching it from standstill. If you are very unlucky the fragile gearbox will break too...

Launching a 4WD car with relatively high traction in the dry is unwise..

Thankfully the weak clutch as standard saves most cars from more serious damage.