poxy squeak what the..

speedy lynn

Reaction score
help! has anyone had a loud squeak on there S3 I think its on the front it is loud and only stops if I go on a smooth straight road if I park or go into the garage its off squeak squeak its doing my head in some said it may be the suspension front legs what ever that is ,Ihave pushed the car down on each corner, it squeaks on all corners, any ideas would be welcome, and before you all tell me to turn up the radio, done it and I can still hear the f...ing thing, it does my head in

jack it, silicone lube all the antiroll bar bushes, other bushes, drop links, shock mounts
could be shocks n springs.
could be top mounts.
theres just so many things it could be.

Reactions: MattW86
I have a similar squeak which comes and goes, i believe it is to do with the anti roll bars. There is supposedly a plastic 'shim' which after a while wears down and you get the squeak. look at getting some new anti roll bars or put some grease on them.

I could be wrong, one of the more knowledgeable guys will give you a definite answer

Good luck

Matt

no shims on the anti roll bars.
the amount of stress they are under when loaded its common for them to squeak (i've got to lube my girlfriends up this weekend, waheeyyyy)
its not difficult to under the ARB mounts and squirt a little copper grease in there.

if you have squeaks id just go mad with some spray silicone lube under the car lol

Loose wheel bolts, Bottom ball joint/s dry ? but you would normally hear them squeaking or creaking when you turn the steering wheel. or you could try spraying each bush or joint with some lube to see if the noise lessens or goes away.

yes thats the right description it creaking, I will spray everything, is there a special spray as I dont want to replace every bush on the motor because all the rubbers have rotted with me using the wrong grease, cheers Antwan

Thanks Dave, any idea of the cost of the tops mount, and how difficult to do? would be gratefull, PS the rear light I got from you last year fitted just as you said nice and easy, hope this top mounts replacement is as easy CHEERS LYNN

yes thats the right description it creaking, I will spray everything, is there a special spray as I dont want to replace every bush on the motor because all the rubbers have rotted with me using the wrong grease, cheers Antwan
Halfords will sort you,spray every joint in view :) there is a link to doing ARBs somewhere,I'll find it.

Thanks Dave, any idea of the cost of the tops mount, and how difficult to do? would be gratefull, PS the rear light I got from you last year fitted just as you said nice and easy, hope this top mounts replacement is as easy CHEERS LYNN
Great,, top mounts SKF SEAT | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

They will have 20 - 30 % off sometime in the month then,,, buy buy buy
dificulty --- if on standard suspension, a bit of a stripdown, there will be guides on here, if on coilovers its very easy...

thanks to all the boys, i'll let you know sunday night how it goes or perhaps the poxy noise will still be there?????

thanks mate will try the easy option first if I still have the noise, I will then go and get the top mounts, cheers Dave