Chris NottSky Insurance
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel

An alternative to stretch bolts?

My car hates me.

Need to do the stretch bolts for the manifold to turbo as well as the gasket, the one nearest the head has decided it doesn't want to turn. They are clearly all shagged because when putting pressure on the seized one you can physically see the turbo twisting and wiggling under the pressure. Oh that and the monster exhaust leak lol!

So does anybody know of an alternative? Could I Nord-Lock standard bolts? But I need them ASAP

Bill to the rescue?
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 24th October 2011 at 19:58.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bill has these in stock normally and nords... the bolts are of a specific hardness IIRC...

He will be at the unit tomorrow so best give him a ring on his mobile

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks Paul, legend! I'll give him a ring tomorrow, any ideas on price?

Can I pick your brains on manifolds too? I have a 1.8T High Flow Transverse Manifold - THSCMA-18T-TV at the moment but it is SUCH a pain, my manifold studs are stretched and I need to nip them up every now and then. Which isn't a big deal to me, but there is no clearance to get a ring spanner or socket on them because the nuts/studs are so close to the casting. It takes me a good couple of hours on a ramp to do it properly.

Thinking of taking it off and selling it and buying either a JBS, or a cheap ebay special equal length manifold because the clearance LOOKS better. Just wondered if you had any experience with them and would recommend them. My car will have a KO3s hybrid on it by April next year.

Thanks bud

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bill has been using Frankenturbo ones recently... has one fitted to the Lupo and recently fitted one to an Ibiza thats being mapped tomorrow...

They are similar to that one tbh but no idea what the differences may be or which one is better or worse...

JBS one looks ok but the collector seems restrictive tbh and Bill didn't see anything different performance wise as far as I know... in fact he removed it and sold it...

The bolt closest to the head is always a bugger on these mani's... normally have to fit that bolt prior to fitting the mani as you normally can't get it in once in place due to the collector block being higher up the engine...

TBH Bill's ported OEM mani's seem to do as well as any others and being OEM at least you know they should last a little while...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Hmm, I know a lot of the Seat boys use the JBS manifolds but then again they'll buy anything with a brand name on it.

I will have a good chat with Bill tomorrow, I need to pick his brains and want a quote from him for building me a hybrid and mapping. I might try and flow myself a standard manifold and see how I get on, and if it doesn't work then who cares. I wish I could see and look at one of these manifolds to see if there is a difference

Then never do them.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Bill to the rescue!!!!

Excellent work, should have these Thursday Legend.

Then never do them.