AP Coilovers on 8l s3- recommended?

Optimum Tuning

www.optimumtuning.co.uk
Reaction score
Website
www.optimumtuning.co.uk
Ive not been on here for a while and the S3 has sat in the garage doing F.A due to work load so im wanting to treat it to some new
suspension. At the same time I will replace the ARB bushes and wishbone bushes to poly items and fit adjustable rear tie arms.
Now has anyone used AP coilovers before? or would it be worth pushing a bit more to get Weitec?

The car doesnt get used much and has done a couple of track days but I want a firm but not uncomfortable ride.

Many thanks,Oliver

Ive been in a car with ap and i was impressed and il deffo be getting a set.
Rumour has it they are the same as weitec which are same as kw varient 1, apparently theyre made by same manufacturer.
Seriously, how bad can they be

Hi Oliver, i've got AP, can't grumble at ride quality, much more comfortable than the lowering spring and damper set up i had. The only thing what bugs me is the rear isn't low enough, even with the adjusters removed. Otherwise, for the money i'd say they're very good! :)

had ap's on my lupo and they were great, well respected on the lupo forum.

ap's and weitecs are made by KW.

they're good unless you need you need any sort of after sales service.... i've had a warranty claim pending with them for almost 3 months now. it took them 7 weeks just to find the fault with the damper (the same fault it literally took me 7 seconds to find!) and now they're sayin there is some damage to the piston rod which must of happened while they were being fitted but are refusing to send me pictures of the "damage". . .very frustrating!

I was going to buy these after hearing that they're really good for the money but went for V1s instead
I guess it's all about budget at the end f the day!!!

Mines on FK's, can't argue really, got them cheap and gave me nice low's. Ride's not bad at all on standard tyres and the car is alot more firm round the bends.

Good are ap I have weitec as the dampers are slightly better quality same as kw v1 basic weitecs and were only 90 more than ap I'm mega low and rear adjusters out and ride is spot on