Steering wobble

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK, looks like my car has got a new problem, I'm getting vibrations through the steering column whilst under braking when the brakes are hot! Is this a sign of warped disks anyone?

Sounds like Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

jojo,

I've had this problem for a while now. I'm on my Third set of discs, as I've been told the previous Two sets were warped, not sure that is what the problem is though as I thought that if you had warped discs then the problem would have started from day one. If you find out what the problem was please post your solution.

Cheers

Jojo,

not sure what the brembo's are like exactly - they drilled/grooved etc? but if they are grooved then I don't think they can be skimmed, my ebc's have the same symptoms, and I was told they could not be skimmed so a new set of discs will be needed....or nice upgrade if I can ever afford!

I'd like to be told I was wrong and there is an alternative though!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am also suffering from this problem.
Soon to buy new discs i think.

What do you think of these as standard replacements.??

It only lists them on here for the A3 (will have to search site) but i think you can get them for the S3.

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/brembo/

just take them to an engineers and they will skin um for u. on my old corsa sri i had 2ltr brakes on it and warped 3 sets of disks, had 1 set skimmed and they were still on the car wen i sold it, once they have got that hot and warped they are hardened so skim them and they wont warp so easy

Take it to AmD Technik at Bicester, just off the M40 so not too far from you

www.amdtechnik.com

They have a ProCut lathe which skims the disc while it is still on the car, so perfectly finished

Costs about £50 per pair

Have had it done on a couple of cars now and it is very effective

Neil Birkitt
Audi Driver mag

Thanks for the info Neil, but hoping to do it more locally, I would need 2 trips to AmD to get it sorted, as they have to diagnose warped disks before they will book me in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif