Brake lights not working?

N4THW

Reaction score
Changed bulbs, still not working, fuses are fine... Guessing it's the brake light switch?

Where can i get one of these? I'm either still feelin weird after last night but i cannnot find one on ebay..

Cheers peeeeeople.. and they easy to fit??

You sure you got the right type of bulbs? I had the same issue this week and It turned out that I'd fitted the wrong type of bulbs... which sent my rear brake lights and front lights haywire.

If it is the brake light switch, get it from Audi not very expensive at all and easy enough to change yourself.

switch is about £10 from the stealers and it is a revised part. Takes about 30 mins to fit, you may also need to clear any faults once the new one is fitted.

Mine came frmo Euro and was about 11 quid. No need for any fault clearing once it was fitted.

There are a few guides online, worth a read before you fit.

Just replaced mine, easy job made all the easier at the fact that mine was a rev A switch. With the rev B,C and D switches you have to be a little more careful fitting them. There are plenty of step by step guides out there. Bought my switch from my Skoda dealer as he is next door to me, €15 and they are the same part as the Octavia.