Stainless Steel Exhausts

• Thread starter imported_highlander1
  • Start date
I

imported_highlander1

When it comes time to replace my exhaust I would prefer to get a Stainless steel one. What make do you recommend I should get and who would you recommend in Scotland to fit it. I would like to have a back box like an S3 model fitted into the bumper, Would whoever fits it just cut out the shape in the plastic at the bottom of the bumper or would it need replaced.
Cheers,
Deano.

Can the black bit of trim be replaced on the standard type bumpers? too fit a twin exhaust tip??

I spoke to QSt about a Milltek exhaust and they will cut it and fit a heatshield around the cut out. They had done one the day before and said it looked ok. I suppose it only looks good if you make a decent job of it.

If I somehow manage to get away with an exhaust after she finds out it has been remapped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif then I will show you. If I live long enough that is! She drives it every day so I have to be careful.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Milltek twin exit with headshield fitted into bumper:

132.jpg

Yeah... that looks sweet!

NOT - that it ****** hideous... I can't believe Milltek actually have that photo on their website!

Why would anyonwe want to put those silly attempts at heat shields onto their S3?
To make it look like an MG?
To fit in with the Saxo posse?

In the name of all things tasteful...don't do it!

I don't want twin exit rear pipes with heatshields. My post was hijacked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gifall I want is to know where I can have a stainless steel exhaust fitted that looks like an S3 one. I would also like to know which make to go for and if possible would they be able to cut out the rear bumper trim to make it look like the S3.
Twin exit exhausts on both side in my opinion are W**K.
Cheers,
Deano.

What kind of car do you have?

Buying an aftermarket S3 exhaust like a Supersprint or Milltek will more than likely not fit your car.

You'd be looking at a custom made exhaust from the likes of Powerflow.

Cheers Rob thats the kind of thing i'm looking for.