Help - Recaro seat subframes?

waggawagga

Reaction score
Hi there. I could really use some help. I got a pair of Recaro front seats. Was told they are from an S3 but they aren't. The seat base/rails are different. Now they are sitting in my living room as I can't get anyone to fit them as they are. I've posted about them here before with pics see http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/125709-recaro-front-seats-a3-8l-1998-a.html

I really need to get them fitted and get them out of my living room. Anyway, I think I need a set of subframes - either from an S3 or from Recaro. They seem pricey at around £300. Does anyone know where I can pick a set up for cheaper? Have tried usual places - scrappies, eBay etc but no luck. Help much appreciated. Thanks.

You'll struggle to get the subframes for them second hand, As far as im awear the S3 recaro bolts ontop of the the 3 point subframe which is locked in place, i.e the recaro doesnt move on the runners in the car, it moves on its own H plate that is fixed to the 3 point A3 subframe. you could get some standard A3 front seats from a breakers and see if you could modifiy the subframes and bolt you recaros to these or sell the recaros on and keep an eye out for the proper S3 ones.