need help plz got quite a big problem and its getting worse

davidniclee

Reaction score
well here goes my audi a3 1.8 20v turbo started running a bit crappy when ticking over a bit like a shudder now and again .but when driving it was fine . then it started afecting it when i was driving dont no how to word it but it was like it was having the fuel cut off then fuel came threw surpose hesertant would be the word .but now i have almost no power and when i stop the revs drop down from 1 notch under 1rpm to about the 3rd notch up from the bottom of the rev counter think that would be 300rpm and its virtuly about to cut out.when i start to pull of it jumps and jerks like when your 12 and learning to drive and carnt control the clutch thats the only way to explain it really.

right just so you know i changed the plugs iv changed the maf and iv cleaned the throttle body and all that made it worse bit by bit till the point im at now.

but here is the massive problem. i took it to a friends garage he has a snap on diagnostic machine we planed to plug it but found that the ecu plug where you plug in the diagnostic plug. had been cut off please help plugging it in is out of the question unles someone on here could tell me how to rewire the 4 wires 1 red white 1 grey and white then 2 solid browns i dont know where the browns go

any help would be great thanks dave please help

Id say check your boost pipes,vacume pipes!,get a pressure check on those hose's (or listen to them see if any are leaking)(around inlet manifold,turbo pipes ect),check coil pack's!,id sort the diag port last if not(just get a new port and then you can find diagram ect!,id say vacume pipes though!

i took it to a friends garage he has a snap on diagnostic machine we planed to plug it but found that the ecu plug where you plug in the diagnostic plug. had been cut off please help plugging it in is out of the question unles someone on here could tell me how to rewire the 4 wires 1 red white 1 grey and white then 2 solid browns i dont know where the browns go

any help would be great thanks dave please help

Have the wires just been cut?

If so are the brown wires the exact same thickness?

Blcoked fuel filter?

Injectors need cleaning?

Fuel pump failing?

Maf? The same happened to my cousins 1.8tqs.. Juddering, loss of power etc..

I have leanrt that as an expesnive mistake, best cure was an OEM one from the stealers. I went through 3 Ebay ones all exibited differing problems, ie didnt idle, low power and combinations of both. Bought a genuine one and it was perfect.

I would look at starting it up, and carefully remove the injector plugs ? or coil pack plugs one at a time to see if you can trace the cylinder thats misfiring. Then if that works, try swapping the coil pack on that cylinder to another clyinder and see if the miss moves with it.

I have leanrt that as an expesnive mistake, best cure was an OEM one from the stealers. I went through 3 Ebay ones all exibited differing problems, ie didnt idle, low power and combinations of both. Bought a genuine one and it was perfect.

I would look at starting it up, and carefully remove the injector plugs ? or coil pack plugs one at a time to see if you can trace the cylinder thats misfiring. Then if that works, try swapping the coil pack on that cylinder to another clyinder and see if the miss moves with it.

could i get a shock off the coil packs heard of this before been told i hurts like mad also what would a genuine maf cost at the stealers
one good thing i have a stealer about 1 min drive from me

no shock from the low voltage side for sure, they are telling you what olde plug leads were like.

If unsure i'd remove the injector plugs.

Depends on the MAF you need, but i would expect it to be around £80 exchange

no shock from the low voltage side for sure, they are telling you what olde plug leads were like.

If unsure i'd remove the injector plugs.

Depends on the MAF you need, but i would expect it to be around £80 exchange

my maf says on it bosch 0 280 217 117

Thats the common one iirc, should be the most affordable, so shouldn't be more than £80. But you'd have to conatct the stealer and ask

gona go and try the coil pack pulling out thing now just gota find my head torch lol will update you in 20 mins ish thanks for the help so far guys

right took 1 coil pack off and there was no change i started from left to right one by one and it was the same all the way threw the packs engine was still running crappy so i took off the first 2 coil packs and it was still running pretty much the same now that worries me a bit i took 2 off in differant combonations and it still runs so put them all back on i then unpluged 1 injector and it run the same unplugged 2 injectors and it run like crap but didnt cut out.

how can my car run wioth 2 coil packs taken off iv never seen a car do that before iv seen them run with one off but not 2

right took 1 coil pack off and there was no change i started from left to right one by one and it was the same all the way threw the packs engine was still running crappy so i took off the first 2 coil packs and it was still running pretty much the same now that worries me a bit i took 2 off in differant combonations and it still runs so put them all back on i then unpluged 1 injector and it run the same unplugged 2 injectors and it run like crap but didnt cut out.

how can my car run wioth 2 coil packs taken off iv never seen a car do that before iv seen them run with one off but not 2
Wel if you take the coil pack of and theres no change in engine tone then it might be gone,best thing to do is cylender by cylender take a spark plug out put into your coil pack,put the plug against the rocker and turn over see what spark you are getting,best way to check plugs coils!!,have you checked for split vacume hose's?

Wel if you take the coil pack of and theres no change in engine tone then it might be gone,best thing to do is cylender by cylender take a spark plug out put into your coil pack,put the plug against the rocker and turn over see what spark you are getting,best way to check plugs coils!!,have you checked for split vacume hose's?

im not 100% sure where the vacume pipes are i changed one that runs from the inlet manifold round to the back of the engine past the tip it was leaking but now its fine

also i orderd a maf from the dealers it will be in monday noon its costing £102.30 what a rip off just hope it will fix it.

right on my way to work this morning my car was running really bad but the weird thing is on my way home from work just now the car run like new with no problems it had full power no jerks no missing nothing it was just perfect