S3 Washers

tward11

Reaction score
Hi Has anyone fitted "misting " spray washer jets to their S3 , My wife has them as standard on her MK4 Golf, but if you can fit them to S3 what ones do i need & is it a hard job?

What's 'misting' spray washer jets?? We have washer jets under the headlamps if that's what you mean??

What's 'misting' spray washer jets?? We have washer jets under the headlamps if that's what you mean??
They squirt a mist out of them onto the screen, rather than two distinct jets. VW started fitting them in the late 90's but Audi were a bit later to the party so think they came in on the 8P. Also known as fan washer jets as that's what it looks like when they are used.

I can remember a thread from a while back - problem was that VW have them mounted on the underside of the bonnet rather than on the scuttle. I'll have a search and see what I can find...

Last edited:
I have always wanted to do this mod too. So are the TT ones a direct fit?

Nope, they definitely require a trim at least. Not a big job though...

Just fitted one, was a shame the angle wasn`t right when it just clipped in place so im having to raise the front slightly and glue it in place. Just hope ive got the angle right now lol

Good man, i've wanted to do this for ages. Can you get a pic of it when fitted please to give me an idea?

Only done the drivers side as I only got 1 washer to try. Pic should be below I just need to add a small silicon bead to finish it off.

Didn`t think it was going to work 1/2 way through as its v tight to get the pipe back on as the conection is at a different angle.
20111118_142922.jpg

ill try , it looks a little high but thats how the golf is set stationary. to do the passenger side the wire would need extending :(

Its is its just more to do lol I might try and make a wedge to fi under the washer so I can adjust it and fasten it in differently just didn`t have the stuff to do that today