Lees Build Thread

Been busy the last few days.. went on a bit of a road trip with a mate in his Ko4'd golf, left at 6am yesterday and headed for Jabbasport to get his car mapped, 250bhp / 280ftlb. So he was happy with that. We then headed to Badger 5 to pick my car up. Hats off to Bill, done a good job the cars running really nice at the moment, cant remember the exact figues but just over 380 bhp and i think around the 300 ftlb mark. So im happy with that.

Went down to my work today to fit some new parts as my bedroom was getting full again and ive got bored of getting an ear full off the misses.

New brembos.

DSC_0587.jpg

With wheels back on..

DSC_0590.jpg

20mm spacers on the rear and 15 on the front

DSC_0593.jpg

Also fitted; rear R32 ARB, a standard s3 front ARB (old one was sh*t) and obviously new bushes all round.

New front drop links and LCR top mounts/bearings

And the 7th oil service in the past year!

Been busy the last few days.. went on a bit of a road trip with a mate in his Ko4'd golf, left at 6am yesterday and headed for Jabbasport to get his car mapped, 250bhp / 280ftlb. So he was happy with that. We then headed to Badger 5 to pick my car up. Hats off to Bill, done a good job the cars running really nice at the moment, cant remember the exact figues but just over 380 bhp and i think around the 300 ftlb mark. So im happy with that.

Went down to my work today to fit some new parts as my bedroom was getting full again and ive got bored of getting an ear full off the misses.

New brembos.

DSC_0587.jpg

With wheels back on..

DSC_0590.jpg

20mm spacers on the rear and 15 on the front

DSC_0593.jpg

Also fitted; rear R32 ARB, a standard s3 front ARB (old one was sh*t) and obviously new bushes all round.

New front drop links and LCR top mounts/bearings

And the 7th oil service in the past year!
Bet it's a different car now
good work

Yeah it feels alot better now. Got a long way to go though, still got the double din headunit and door speakers to put in at some point and ive got a slight rubbing issue at the back which ill have to sort out, but other than a few other little bits and bobs its all good. Still on the fence about the stripping thing though..

Whats a good way to bed these brakes in ? they are still a little spongy (understandable as iv only done about 10 miles on them so far)

Yeah it feels alot better now. Got a long way to go though, still got the double din headunit and door speakers to put in at some point and ive got a slight rubbing issue at the back which ill have to sort out, but other than a few other little bits and bobs its all good. Still on the fence about the stripping thing though..

Whats a good way to bed these brakes in ? they are still a little spongy (understandable as iv only done about 10 miles on them so far)

Have you bled the master cylinder?

<tuffty/>