How to fit Facelift Xenons to a pre-facelift S3

JoeD

Reaction score
Had a set sitting in my room for about a month now, have'nt gotten round to fitting them yet but I am aware that they wont be a straight fit and will require some slight modification to the wings?

Is it a difficult job and whats required?

Also, will the bulbs from my pre facelift xenons work in the facelift units?

Many thanks!

Don't bother it's more hassle than its worth, sell them and buy a pair of one piece pre facelift lights off ebay.

Have a couple of pints with the change.

To be honest, it's not a terrible job, just time consuming.
The bit for the wings is just a case of cutting out a hidden section of the wing. Bumper will need to. Come off.
There is a 'how to' on the web somewhere, if I find it I will post the link.
Bulbs will be a straight swap. Iirc, the ballasts need to be swapped, this is the toughest part of the job, as the inner connector bit tend tO be very brittle, and like mine break.
Hope this helps a bit!

Don't bother it's more hassle than its worth, sell them and buy a pair of one piece pre facelift lights off ebay.

Have a couple of pints with the change.

One piece pre facelift lights? Thought all pre's were two piece

Them angel eyes won't fit.... Trust me I know they are for A3 only... And you don't need to take the bumper off neither...It will take you about 2 to 3 hours to do it mate, you just need a dremel type drill to carve a little bit of the wing off. When you try to fit your facelifts you will know what needs to be shaved off. Also you will have to exchange 1 of the removable plugs at back of the light because the connector is different job done....

Cheers guys, the headlights are complete with ballasts from a facelift S3. Only thing that needs doing is swapping the bulbs over and obviously fit them. Will crack on and hopefully have them on in time for krispy kremes on the 6th :D For the record, I only payed £120 which I dont think is too bad a price for them and there in good nick, no snapped clips and any marks on glass. I'd rather have genuine facelifts than some after market's, but thats just my opinion, not saying the ones on ebay are crap as I've not seen any before.

Last edited: