remove aircon and all pipes/ rad

tony696

Reaction score
hi all,

What is needed to remove my air con on my audi s3 2000 apy,
as it gets in the way with the turbo on top mount

I don't really use it this is what I need to know
  1. Is there a belt that i can get from audi to delete air con pump ?
  2. can i just leave the sensor unplugged or will i need a resistor for it if so which one would it be the same as the second air pump removal ?
Thanks

Tony

I think these are the OEM belt specs - 06A 145 933 D (1120mm) - should be from a 1.8T without air con.

Not sure about the need for a resistor, can't you get it deleted when mapping? - would be interested in what you do here though.

Are you taking the heat exchanger out too?

I think these are the OEM belt specs - 06A 145 933 D (1120mm) - should be from a 1.8T without air con.

Not sure about the need for a resistor, can't you get it deleted when mapping? - would be interested in what you do here though.

Are you taking the heat exchanger out too?

cheers mate

im going to be taking all the pipes across the back off bulk head out
the pump and also the rad so i can sit my intercooler more back

im going to use 330ohs 10w resistors which should work fine

You having problems with clearance for the pipes Tony? I had to gently bend mine out the way for fitment.

I took mine out last month!,yea just get non aircon belt got mine from t.p.s,you can take the pipes out as one unit,and i just left the plug unattatched!,alot less weight and more space happy days!

You having problems with clearance for the pipes Tony? I had to gently bend mine out the way for fitment.

yh mate ive tired to move it but turbo still hits pipes going to get it all gone less weight
plus im fitting my agu head so i can get it all out :)

hows yours mate

I took mine out last month!,yea just get non aircon belt got mine from t.p.s,you can take the pipes out as one unit,and i just left the plug unattatched!,alot less weight and more space happy days!

have you got part number mate

cheers

have you got part number mate

cheers
I have'nt sorry mate did'nt keep receipt!,think someone did state it (earlyer post),if not just ask them to go on computer and find non aircon 8l chasis belt!